Chemical Guys Premium Microfiber Towels

Chemical Guys Premium Microfiber Towels

2 Likes

Why can’t this be shipped to Washington?

“This item cannot be shipped to WA. Please remove this item from your order.”

2 Likes

Seems like some dumb state regulation, these were offered previously and another person got that answer:

2 Likes

Maybe they only allow ones with local university logos imprinted…

https://wsubookie.spirit.bncollege.com/?query=Microfiber&_ref=p-HP:m-SEARCH

3 Likes

Are these really three times better than the 36 pack we can get at Costco (haven’t tried the similar pack at Sams) for similar money?

(Please spare us the “I don’t have a Costco nearby or friends or relatives with Costco memberships.”… BTW, this deal requires a Prime Membership.)

1 Like

I don’t have a Costco nearby or friends or relatives with Costco memberships.”… BTW, this deal requires a Prime Membership.

And if I’m already paying for Prime I’m sure as heck not giving Costco another $60. That don’t make no financial sense! None!

3 Likes

… But for the half of the country that does have both memberships… are these towels three times better?

1 Like

Click on the Amazon review stars and decide for yourself. 84% gave five stars. 22000 comments to read through if you have the time.

3 Likes

Since you have both memberships and a Costco nearby, let us know! :smiley: That’s really cool. It must be really nice.

I didn’t even say MoneyBags or ScroogeMcDuck and that is proof that I’m improving as a person.

3 Likes

I read through the reviews till I found someone that actually has bought the Costco towels. He said they used to be made by Maguires and were top notch but now they are Kirkland brand and aren’t as thick or well made as these.
So probably worth buying if you want really top quality thick micro fiber towels. If you just want ok ones that you don’t pay much for and maybe toss when they’re nasty that are cheap for a bunch get the Costco ones.

4 Likes

Blockquote
And if I’m already paying for Prime I’m sure as heck not giving Costco another $60. That don’t make no financial sense! None!

That’s a silly comparo. A Costco membership and Prime are not direct substitutes, and arguably not even indirect substitutes. They each serve a function, with some bit of overlap. But… good subterfuge retort to avoid actually answering @bluemaple perfectly reasonable product comparison question. We definitely don’t want well informed consumers.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure she was joking when she wrote that. She’s a volunteer mod and spends a lot of time helping people on here answering questions, etc., without any compensation, so I know she’s all for people being informed customers.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

4 Likes

These are better than the Kirkland. I have both. If I’m doing detailing where I need a good microfiber I’ll grab one of these, otherwise I use the Costco. Honestly for most people washing and drying them correctly is a bigger factor in the long run.

5 Likes

Your wholesale privilege is showing. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

If the primary use of these towels is to wash/wax/detail a vehicle then there’s NO contest. Hands down these microfiber towels are WAY better than the Costco towels. These towels are approximately three to four times the thickness of the Costco towels. These towels are trimmed in silk edging, the Costco towels are not. This is significant when using the towels on a vehicle due to the fact that silk edging will not leave a mark on the vehicle’s finish. Yes, I have purchased the Costco towels and yes I own these Chemical Guys towels.

5 Likes

Thank you for a straight answer based upon owning both. They’re are now sold out but the next time they come up on Woot, we’ll try them out.

3 Likes

@davejlives could you go to Costco? We need a refill.

3 Likes

What does a Costco smell like…?

For billionaires with a B who have been in more than one, do they smell the same?

Thank you so much for any insight you can provide!

1 Like

3 Likes