Coleman 10-Person Dark Room Cabin Tent

Coleman 10-Person Dark Room Cabin Tent

$199 at Amazon, $250 at Walmart. Biggest complaint is the fact that the waterproofing is crap and you’ll need to waterproof it yourself. I am currently in the market for a 10+ person size tent and this could be the one… but I am going to pass and see what the rest of the deals look like. If this is showing up on Woot now, let’s see what Amazon does when they list it since they have a habit of out-pricing Woot.

1 Like

Happen to have a Coleman outlet store near where you live? They tend to have decent deals. They also offer discounts for Boy/Girl scouts.

1 Like

We have a 10+ year old “10-person” Coleman tent and it has served us well, but not without care and feeding. Number one thing to do with any tent is buy Nikwax Tent and Solarproof spray and follow the directions. The stuff really works!

This is the same tent sold by Costco and it has tempted us, but we’re not convinced it as well made as our old Coleman. Costco currently sells it for $230 vs this Woot! $200 deal. Although our local Costco has sold it as low as $185, actually $140 when they cleared out the last one.

Interesting the Amazon reviews are favorable, with only about 9% 1&2 star ratings… whilst at Costco, half the ratings are 1&2 star ratings - ouch.

Tents do seem like one of those things where newbies buy them who perhaps shouldn’t be camping in the first place, so perhaps that explains some of the reviews.

2 Likes

This looks like a good tent, but from someone with a larger family, a tent with a vestibule is key! You need a place to store everyone’s wet, smelly shoes/boots … and that needs to be away from sleeping quarters! Also, when it is raining, these doors will let in water (maybe not when they’re closed, but with people going in and out they will) … I think you need a better entrance for a large tent with lots of people. … My two cents.

3 Likes

Neon colors, reflective guy lines, black out interior… so this is a rave festival tent? :space_invader:

Does this come with a rain-shield, the parts pictures shows it is included.

Yep, sure does:

• Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; Included rainfly offers extra weather protection

Neon guy lines keep people from tripping over them on the way back from the outhouse. Dark interior means you don’t have to get up when the sun does, although I thought that’s what camping is about.

Anybody get there’s shipped yet? This has taken longer than usual and it shows delivery date as Jan 6 in 3 days?

Hi there. I don’t see a purchase on the account you’re posting from. Feel free to reach out to Woot! Customer Service from the account that made the purchase.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

So this coleman dark room tent received was the Costco version as read on the box and is not the instant setup advertised, but a fast pitch setup that is significantly longer for setting up. The pictures show the instant setup like sold at other retailers vs the custom costco version. How will woot remedy this?

1 Like

I am logged in with my woot account on the app but it logs in using my Amazon account for the forums on the app. Same email used on woot and Amazon though.

Hello there. Reach out to customer service as noted in my post above. Sorry for the issue.