Crayola Light Up Tracing Pad with Eye-Soft Technology

Crayola Light Up Tracing Pad with Eye-Soft Technology

Question for those who might know, especially “art” people - What can you do with tracing paper after you’ve traced the design? I remember tracing paper from childhood and it was like wax paper. You couldn’t really color or paint on it, so what do you do with it? OR is it possible to use regular drawing paper on this thing and have something you can actually use with crayons, markers, or paint?

Looks like they’re using color pencils to draw on the (20 sheets only) included tracing paper…

But no Burnt Umber Woot? Sheese, I’m out.

3 Likes

I used tracing paper loads as a kid (my mom had gone to MD Institute of Art and taught me lots of tricks).

Once you’ve traced your design, you can rub it off onto a plain sheet of paper. If you don’t want it reversed, go over the lines on the reverse side first. Whichever side you’ll use to rub off, go heavy with the pencil so there’s enough graphite to rub off. I liked using the side of a spoon to go over the lines, but don’t go too hard or it can warp or tear the tracing paper. If you’re gentle enough, you can use it multiple times. Be sure to tape down the corners of both your regular paper and the tracing paper. After transferring the design, it usually needed some touch up, and often a soft eraser to remove smudges

What fun memories for me…tracing paper was a lifesaver when a sketch had turned out well but I needed it to be on another material. These days I usually scan my doodles then work with them digitally.

7 Likes

I should have realized, paper that aggravating must be that way by design, required by some process I haven’t figured out.

It is getting harder to see places this works better than some form of technology.

Thanks for the tip…

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed information. I don’t remember ever rubbing the drawing off onto another medium, but how else would we have used it? LOL. Glad this was still in your memory. Hope it helps others, too.

I prefer my umber medium-well, not burnt, but to each his own.

2 Likes