Cuisinart® Chef’s Classic™ Enameled Cast Iron Cookware

Congratulations! Due to recent events, you’re probably close to a woot! location now. If you ask around, there might be a coupon code that helps a little…

ok, went in for the red one…hope I’m pleased with it.

Woot, it would be nice if when you post the wonderful offers you bring us if you included the country where each individual offering was manufactured on the Woot page. Please consider that idea.

Hmm, I’m tempted, Woot. I’m really tempted. But, I think I’ll still be happier with the Lodge Seasoned 5 qt double Dutch oven for $5 less. I know, seasoned cast iron takes a little more work to keep functional, but once you try it, you’ll never look back.

I figured it was due to the Amazon merger… and living in WA state means Amazon charges tax, but I still don’t understand that, as Amazon has NO physical stores for me to visit and purchase from…

And I did use a coupon, which makes me happy, and it is a great price/deal, so I’m not complaining terribly, just find it odd.

At 7 Quarts, you can roast Shaq’s head in it.

I am wondering about accurate dimensions - it says 11.25 inches ‘circumference’ which seems off. It is 11.25 inches around the perimeter of the pot? Shouldn’t it be, instead, an 11.25" diameter? And is this from handle-to-handle?

The one large burner on my electric stove top is 7.5 inches – so can anyone provide the exact dimensions of the bottom of this dutch oven? Thanks for any info. Also, if the enamel on these pots does start to crack what will the warranty be - nothing?

Curious…can’t find a model number that ends in PC. All the ones I find end in CR. And the dimensions listed by Woot! don’t match the dimensions listed at other sites.

A one off or what??

Yes…it can’t possibly be a 7 quart pot with these dimensions… 11.25 inches doesn’t make any sense.

I would agree that the Lodge seasoned dutch over is nice, for what you would use it for, such as in a camp fire…

BUT, this pot is more comparable to a Le Creuset, and is 7qts, not just the 5 of that dutch oven…

Amazon is headquartered in the Seattle area. Any physical location, whether a store, warehouse, headquarters office, etc, counts…

Eh, unless it has legs, it’s not suitable for a camp fire. I cook in a LOT of cast iron stuff, and have used several enameled cast iron pieces, and Cuisinart is decent, but isn’t anywhere near the same league as Le Creuset. And I actually like seasoned cast iron better than enameled.

I would go with that being the diameter of the pot.

froogled

If so then this will be a monster pot.

To any cooks: Is it ill-advised to use this dutch oven on a 7.5" electric burner, where there is 1.875" (edited for late-night math) overlap around the outer edge of the pot with no direct heat?

As long as you heat up the pot slowly, which is how you should do all cast iron stuff anyway, it should be fine.

These are awesome. I have a few different sizes/shapes.

If you cook, you want one.

The last two letters correspond to the color of the item. CR stands for “Cardinal Red”, PB stands for “Provencal Blue”.

That should be fine. The dense cast iron takes a while to heat up but one of cast iron’s desired characteristics is even heating so once it is given time to heat up, there shouldn’t be any hot spots such as what you might find on thin metal (cheapie) cookware.

You just wouldn’t want a burner larger than the pot, you waste a lot of heat and the handles get uncomfortably hot.

The enamel coating means you don’t have to worry about seasoning the cast iron, worry about rusting, and easier clean up. The cream color of the enamel also makes it easier to see the color of the sauce, gravy, or fond you might be cooking inside.

About Time !!! Great Deal Woot!!! In for 2 . Btw I just listened to the Rap song , Now It stuck in my head lol Go figure lol .GET THANKS WOOT !!! lamo lol .
Oh on Question will these Dent if you use them to Bean the Hubby or kids over the head with them lol hehe j/k. Or even the Inlaws lol .

Would the sides/top/handles of a cast iron pot be much hotter than a normal pot? If so, would you need mitts to handle one of these? Would you need mitts to remove the cover?

Weight looks a bit scary as well. Thought my enamel pot was heavy but putting it on the scale, turns out it only weighs 6 lbs. This thing weighs 16, ouch.

Very tempted by the price but I’d only really use it for boiling and stewing, trying to grasp the pros and cons.