Currie Tech eZip Skyline eBike

The controlling dimension for you is going to be seat top to pedal top at the bottom of the pedal arc. If that’s same as or longer than the same dimension on your legs, you won’t be able to efficiently pedal it.

This “mens” frame layout was called a “mixte” frame thirty years ago, where the top tube(s) ran in a straight line from head tube top to the rear dropouts. Not quite as strong as a “mens” frame, but much stronger than a “womens” frame.

OK, yeah, I’m an old guy.

I would need one of those sort of bucket-shaped seats like they used to have on old tractors.

Last time I tried to ride a bike, my delicate bits ended up so sore that I couldn’t even sit on the bike the next day.

The SquareTrade warranty says 3-years for $84.99 but when you give it a try you end up with a 2-year warranty for $62.05. Am I doing something wrong here?

I’d be a bit disappointed if I can’t get the three year option as that was part of the plan when buying this item.

How much assembly is necessary? Is it recommended that a bike shop assemble it?

Go to http://www.currietech.com/bicycle-online/best-electric-bike-ezip-skyline-diamond-frame/ and click on “Geometry”. Listed at 29.1" standover with a 1-2" clearance. I have a 28" inseam and hope that I will just barely fit on this.

I am interested in such a product but am too afraid it may be a high-profile target for a thief.

I’m convinced. In for one. Cheaper than that motorcycle I’ve been looking at.

I highly recommend electric bikes as a way to extend your distance. These bikes are rather heavy (frames plus motor, etc.)

There is a very active modding community. Should you like this bike, you can tear it up and make it better (faster motor, faster battery, longer battery capacity).

Batteries are the a very important factor on e-bikes and they are very expensive. You can get a sealed lead acid battery (weighs a TON and poor distance) for cheap. This bike is one of the few bikes priced entry level that offers a lithium battery. You can expect to pay $150-250 to replace the battery when it dies out. I recommend reading about how to preserve battery life or you can smoke it in a matter of months. Optimally you can expect it to last a year or two of daily usage if you treat it right.

Will it ride over a Mac?

Except manly men peddle on their own.

WILL

IT

BLEND?

Battery locks with a key. Battery can also be removed from the bike and carried with you. Bike is also VERY heavy. It might be a target for some, but I have not (yet) had any issues that I am aware of.

I googled European bikes, got this interesting history tidbit:
http://www.bikemotor.com/motorized%20bicycle.html

“Bicycle engines or motorized bikes became part of the landscape after WWII. In Europe that is. The need derived from necessity. Necessity to commute. Truth be known, bridges in GB for instance, were severely damaged. The country offered the first tax credit to promote usage because of speed, utility, and the ability to be carried over destroyed roadways and rivers as needed. This made a huge difference in time going from point A to point B”