This looked like a decent deal until I noticed that it only has a 90 day warranty(!)
That’s standard for refurbished and factory reconditioned items. You have the option to purchase an extended warranty if you like.
Optional Asurion Protection Plan: To further protect your purchase, you can buy an Asurion protection plan from Amazon here. Review the FAQs for additional information.
That would be “8700 BTUs per hour,” I imagine. An 8700 BTU AC or 8700 BTU heater would be essentially worthless.
The per hour is implied by convention.
At roughly 3/4 ton, it’ll work well for a single room in an emergency or as a supplement. Or for glamping!
I purchased this unit last year. I highly recommend passing on this unit. The drain system was poorly designed making the unit unusable unless a hose is connected to drain it outside. Since the hose connector is at the bottom the unit must be elevated to above the height of the window. I also had to elevate the front of the unit to get it to drain. There are numerous reviews on the mothership stating they had the same problem.
Not worth the hassle. There are better units out there.
I appreciate your experience, but the unit in your picture does look different. Maybe this is a different model?
What category of product should be selected from Asurion? Housewares?
Yes. ![]()
I zoomed in on the picture provided by the previous poster in regards to the drainage issues. This is the same model, you’re just seeing it from an angle that isn’t pictured in the woot ad.
Also bought this model lat time. Ordered another 1 this time. It works great for cooling/dehumidifing large areas. But it will pull 5-10 gallons of water out of the air on humid days or the first couple days you have it on. Last year I put the unit on a table draining into a 5- gallon bucket. 3/4 ID rubber hose attached easily for drainage.
Oh, awesome. Good catch! I live in a dry climate, and with very low consequence if I have drainage issues, so I went ahead and ordered it.
How is the warranty linked to the purchase. I ordered the ac on woot and then ordered the warranty you linked on Amazon. How does Assurion know that it’s for the product I ordered on woot?
From the Asurion FAQ page found here:
How do I make a claim under my protection plan?
Online claims can be initiated at Protection Plans | Asurion 3 (http://asurion.com/Amazon). Please be sure to have your woot.com order details ready when starting a claim. Please see your plan Terms and Conditions for details.
(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)



