Delphi XM Radio Roady XT with Car Kit

got mine today

Mine came the other day, I installed it in less then 20 minutes. Completely painless and the Sureconnect works great.

For those of you who ordered one and havent activated it yet, try using this promo code.

XMSCION03

It gives you 3 months free of service and a waived activation fee. Also, you can try calling and they should be able to set you up with a $77/year rate with waived activation. Im gonna call and ask about that once my 3 free months are up. Enjoy everyone!

Thanks for the promo code! Worked fine.

Mine’s all set up. (Lucky me, I have an AUX input on my car stereo. A USB port, too. :slight_smile: )

Nice selection of stations. Already had the Replacements show up. Haven’t head the Mats on the radio since I lived in Mpls in the 80s.

And the Stan Freberg Show!

[QUOTE=thejustin, post:94, topic:120306]
Mine arrived today as well. I just ordered one so no free one in there for me. I went to the XM site to activate it however and I got this message…

“*Sorry, the selected radio is valid, but is active on another account. If your radio is already active, please return to the Help & Support page to create your login information.”

[/quote]

I have the same issue. XM customer support was useless, too. All they could tell me to do is to send back to the retailer for a replacement.

My XM arrived last night, I activated it today. The online web page said that the radio ID was invalid. I called up the activation line, asked for the 77 dollar deal and he said “absolutely!” and took my radio code. 5 minutes later it was working flawlessly.

One of the best woots I’ve ever done!

As far as installation, I was worried too, but I saw the little antenna that’s about the size of a GPS antenna, and plugged that in, threw it on my dash like my GPS for my laptop, and I got 3 bars of signal steadily. I dropped out in 2 hours of useage maybe 2-3 times, either from tunnels/overpasses, or once from a bolt of lightening overhead. I’d say pretty good performance for 0 installation.

[QUOTE=Chris583, post:81, topic:120306]

Secondly, how does this mount into the car is it easy? Anyone input please!? Does it just stick or clamp on to the dashboard or something as its supposed to be portable, yes.
[/quote]

It mounts 2 ways that I can see. One is a sticky pad that you clean your dash off and stick, the second is an air vent clip. The clip on my honda makes the angle pretty extreme, but you can take it off (slide the clip sideways and the bits will twist safely, you’ll see), so I’m using that. The unit itself sits in the mounted cradle, so you can yank the unit and move it to another adapter if you like.

I got mine today (Wednesday). Best part is hooked it up to stereo system using cords from other XM radio and it works already, so might not have to pay to add this too my account. I still plan on keeping the other radio activated though.

Hey did any of your XM’s come with a remote?

[QUOTE=michael767, post:108, topic:120306]
Hey did any of your XM’s come with a remote?
[/quote]

Not mine.

mine came yesterday, couldn’t find prompt for setting fm transmitter, then realized prompt wont appear if you have audio cable connected, works fine…

Got mine several days ago. Installation was a snap, even with the SureConnect. Upgraded from a SkyFi2 but failed to notice two things: The RoadyXT doesn’t have a clock (which my wife needed because the one in her SUV was broken) and you need to purchase an adapter to be able to use the Roady a SkyFi boombox. Minor inconveniences at most. The adapter was $15.00 on eBay.

The smaller RoadyXT is better suited for my wife’s small SUV as it takes up less room on the center console. The display is much easier to read than the SkyFi2’s, especially with the selectable background colors.

Interesting note - when I changed over my account from the older unit to the new RoadyXT, I found that my older SkyFi2 still works. I double-checked my online account info to make sure I wasn’t getting charged for it and guess I’ll keep using the SkyFi2 in our home boombox until XM gets around to deactivating it. Bonus! No big deal when/if they do because I’ve already received the adapter I mentioned above.

Thanks woot! but now I seriously wish that I had purchased two instead of just one.

[QUOTE=thejustin, post:94, topic:120306]
Mine arrived today as well. I just ordered one so no free one in there for me. I went to the XM site to activate it however and I got this message…

“*Sorry, the selected radio is valid, but is active on another account. If your radio is already active, please return to the Help & Support page to create your login information.”

It’s raining outside so I can’t install it yet. Maybe if I plug it up and turn it on, I’ll already have an active account. Ya think? We’ll see I guess. If not, then I’m gonna get to the bottom of this! grumble grumble
[/quote]

I ordered 3 and only got 2 :frowning: Woot was good to refund me the price of one, but I would have rather had the radio

Tried hooking mine up and I also have no menu item for setting the FM frequency, but I don’t have an audio cable hooked up either. I hooked it up to a home base where I previously had another Roady Xt that’s now in the car so I know it works, FM frequency is on that menu. Any suggestions?

Months later, I give this radio to a friend whose radio broke. He called XM to activate it, and they told him it was stolen.

Now I look bad to my friend. Thanks a lot woot for selling stolen merchandise.