Derby #273: Animals as People

Yes, that is text.

Why no text? That’s annoying. Maybe incidental text only? I’ve got a couple ideas that would be greatly improved with a bit of supporting text.

thanks I’ll make some modifications ^^!

Thanks for the help! I’ll have a go at some of these suggestions and see which works best ^^.

If you do him on a podium getting gold maybe a snail and/or turtle could get second and third :slight_smile:

I’d buy it

And a rabbit handing out the medals. :slight_smile:

that would make it seem like the special olympics of the animal kingdom… whether that’s good or bad is up to you :slight_smile:

Oof, totally not the intention. Nevermind!

:open_mouth:

Well this is certainly as close to ‘furry week’ as it’ll get around here! :smiley:

(Can I be guest editor this week? XD)

Thank you I’ll take this into consideration ^^. I was thinking about having him win against a cheetah & an ostrich at one point but wasn’t sure if it would work ^^.

Thanks for the help I’m very grateful ^^

Something like that could work if the expressions are right - pure glee on the sloth, bewilderment on the faster animals’ faces.

Have fun playing with the different possibilities!

FYI, they’ll also count the numbers and decimal as text, in case that wasn’t made clear already. They’ve done it before.

There’s always an unmarked stopwatch that clearly makes use of the ‘hour’ hand. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I do hope people will take the ‘as people’ part to heart. There was a basic anthropomorphized animal derby a while back and this takes that execution a step further.

I for one am quite glad to see that it’s ‘original ideas only’. I do have one suggestion for a talented artist: “Fox Trot”, elegant ballroom dancing with anthro foxes in proper attire. A tasteful idea with a clever pun.

Oh I am loving this derby! :smiley:
but I have no time this weekend. :frowning:

Ha! Seriously… I am knee deep in my own sloth drawing!
I SAY we make sloths the next woot mascot!

no worries though…
Our ideas are nothing alike…

Any thoughts on this so far?

Wanting an owl writer staying up too late with writer’s block…

thoughts on title as well?

:slight_smile: thanks in advance…

This makes me think of my entry a while back: Hipster-Ness

http://shadowness.com/file/item6/161850/image_t6.jpg

As a total side note: I NEED to participate in this derby. I swear it’s made for me.

I do like the idea. However, I at least partially saw a rabbit - I think the feather on the top of the head was a main factor in that. The coloring of the feathers didn’t quite say owl, but overall it is a great idea.

It’s super cheesy, but here’s a title idea - Writing’s a Hoot.

No one said “NO CUTE STUFF ALLOWED”, it was you who said “those who hate the cute designs this might be the time to take a week off from checking the derby”. I was merely pointing out that they don’t have to do cute designs. The rules don’t say it has to be cute.

I know and expect the same old people will submit the same old cute crap and hopefully they will be rejected for not coming up with something NEW and ORIGINAL.