Derby #407: Weirdo Wear

I have a weird grilled cheese sandwich shirt for sale right now that nobody is buying. I don’t get it. Anyhow, I’m out. My computer is all virused up. Good luck all you weirdos…Can I offer you some grilled cheese before I go? Get one! Geesh…It’s funny.

So something you wouldn’t normally see on Woot? No cat shirts then… Yay!

Well, at least we can rest easy knowing that, no matter what the theme is, 47 of the entries will have Tardises in them.

Because you certainly never see those, ever, on this site. Or any other pop-cultural references. Ever.

Nope, totally weird and out of left field.

I see Spud (no relation to 'nuggets) is at it again.

Seriously guys, we’re trying to run something WEIRD here, not a shirt you might see any other week on woot. WEIRD US UP!

Holy rejections, tee-man! :slight_smile:

Yes! Rejections for insufficient weird!

Ooooh…the rejectionator is strong in this one. Yay! Weird is way better than not weird.

I’ll accept the rejection. But there should be consistency. There’s plenty of un-rejected designs (some in the fog) that are as non-weird as the rejected stuff.

I think someone is getting a little fast on the reject button. Several look OK to me.

Is this too wordy? It’s sort of hard to avoid wordiness when the theme is grammar. Also, corrections or no?

The first thing that stands out to me - number 2 is not a prepositional phrase. It ends with a preposition (which is generally considered bad grammar) but it is not a prepositional phrase (which would be valid). I think the correct term for what you are demonstrating would be “stranded preposition”.

As for the design itself, to get all that to fit on one side I would think the text would get pretty small. I feel like the design would work better as a front/back thing, but i know that won’t fly in the derby.