Derby Preview #738: Pop-y Product Labels

This week’s guest editor is @Wheels03! Impress him with your mighty swords pens!

Your design must be in the style of a product label or product with a label on it. Those product labels must be inspired by pop culture, think the Han Solo’s hair gel, the killer bunny’s toothpaste or Inigo Montoya’s favorite soup!

No cream tees, no politics.

*This Derby begins MONDAY December 2nd at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY December 9th at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday - Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale each Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to email your artwork to derby@woot.com as soon as you submit!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, please check out our full derby guidelines over here!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing!

There are so many things to chose from, do you go retro/vintage? Do you go futuristic? Or maybe even Retro-futuristic! SQUEEE

1 Like

@Lady5tark So are the derbies Monday to Monday now officially? Or is this a temporary thing?

1 Like

Also now it’s 8pm CST?

That’s 2am for me. : |

1 Like

Officially, for the time being at least, we will see how it works!

1 Like

Yes, BUT…if you upload first thing Tuesday am your time, you will beat the rush of customers voting, part of the reason for making it so late night in the US, is so that our overseas artists have time Tuesday am to catch the upload before voting really begins.

Not to put too fine of a point on it…
Does it need to be products? Or are fake (pop culture related) business ok, too? Like stores, shops and factories?

1 Like

Needs to be products, or product labels, doesn’t need to be the whole product in packaging. We can double check with @Wheels03 though…

I’d say stick with products, so any variation of that theme is fine. No stores, businesses, shops, etc.

3 Likes

Who needs sleep?

: p

1 Like

LOL, sorry! I almost gave in, but I think I want to keep it focused on just products and not shops/businesses/etc.

That’s fine. I haven’t settled on anything solid, yet. It’s doesn’t really take much to shift the focus from a shop to a product, anyway…

Great theme @Wheels03 ! Exactly the kind of shirts that are popular gifts around the holidays too.

Not sure if I’m up to this particular challenge but I’m gonna think on it.

I’ve already made two shops! Oh no!

@Wheels03 But what about when the service is the product? i.e. Babysitting, lawn mowing, plumbing, etc? Would those exceptions be allowed?

1 Like

I’m making an exception for services since it could technically be considered a physical product like the examples you gave.