Derby Preview #746: Love

The theme is love and it’s antithesis and everything in between. No pop culture. You can not use the word “Love” in your design. Bonus points for commenting something you love about me below!

No cream shirts, no Valentine’s day references, no politics.

*This Derby begins MONDAY January 27th at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY February 3rd at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday - Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale each Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to email your artwork to derby@woot.com as soon as you submit!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, please check out our full derby guidelines over here!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing

1 Like

I love the awesome derby themes that you think up every week, when I do not get DQ’d for skirting the derby rules and also when you pick my shirts for the EC side-sales. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Great, now I can’t think of any design ideas without the word “love” in them.

4 Likes

I love the way you smell of napalm in the morning.

2 Likes

I love the way your nostrils flare when you call the police to complain that imma violating the restraining order.

I love your use of a numeral in your wootname

1 Like

baby yoda = love child of yoda and a baby.

is that like pantsing some1?

Does this apply only to the word Love in english, or in other languages as well? Particularly curious if sign language would be okay :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t try to skirt the derby rules with your fancy languages. I have my tattle button at the ready!

5 Likes

hrrrmmmm…I don’t know what to do about that one…I think the right thing to do would be exclude the word love in any language, as that was the intention of the challenge.

4 Likes

I assume a giant steampunk flesh/robot heart killing cherubs in an epic battle would be OK.

1 Like

I’d say the grim reaper fight an army of cupids might be more “on the nose.”
Or maybe The Grinch, Ebeneezer Scrooge and Oscar the Grouch all in a fighting stance… surrounded by an army of cupids.

Yep thats exactly right!

1 Like

@Lady5tark - i want you to love me! Or at least show me some love. Okay, Okay…I just need a bit of help.

It’s taken months, but I’ve finally recovered from the devastation of having White Christmas rejected and i’m ready to climb back on the horse and run in the Derby. As you may recall, my skills are very much lacking.

I’ve got an idea for this one; its simple text which i need to drop into a template. I tried the opening the .psd template file in GIMP but am wholly out of my depths. Is there an easy version I could cut and paste text into from LibreOffice? Many thanks.

LOVE, mdW

p.s. Love, is a burning thing…

They have medication for that now.

3 Likes

Hey, @Lady5tark when’s the next theme announced? after love, of course. I’m pretty much caught up. LOL

In due time, good sir, in due time.

1 Like

Infatuated. Twitterpated. Maybe even stalker?

On the other hand, you’ve got dogs who are “man’s best friend” but true love is cats. Why? Because cats won’t tell where the drugs are hidden.