Derby Preview #770: It's Grillin' Time!

The theme is food, grilling, all things summer dining related!

All daily winners and designs selected for the EC sale, will not only be featured on tees, but also on aprons!! You do not need to show your design on an apron, or submit artwork on a template. Please continue to use the regular shirt template, submit your artwork as usual and we will work out the details when it comes to formatting on aprons.

You are welcome to include a mock-up of your design on a tee and an apron in your submission, but you do not have to.

No politics, no cream shirts.

*This Derby begins MONDAY July 13th at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY July 20th at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday-Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale on Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to have your artwork ready to submit with your entry as part of the new submission process!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, in addition to the rules above please check out our content guidelines here so you know what works and what doesn’t over here at Woot!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing

1 Like

3 Likes

If only we could capture your memes on shirts.

1 Like

I just love gifs…

1 Like

I believe THIS is the derby I was born for. Step aside, competition: I am an avid foodie. I’m a shoo-in.

1 Like

I expect a WIN here!

1 Like

Oh my gosh… crossing my fingers. I missed out on one of my designs on an apron and have been kicking myself for 5 years. I gotta come up with something good!

1 Like

I am submitting a design with the same concept as one that I subbed to woot (and printed in a woot-off) three years ago. The design execution is different than the earlier shirt, so I hope that it will be OK. I figured I should try to get some feedback before the derby rather than the similarity be hidden. I spent a lot of time creating the bacon font from scratch, so I am hoping the work was not done in vain! With dozens of shirts that are slight variations on “Sarcasm” and “Taco Tuesday” my reading of woot is that as long as the design is different in execution and people like it woot is OK with it. Any feedback/criticism on the design would be appreciated.

3 Likes

“l” (“L”) is the only lowercase letter in your bacon font?

yes, seemed easier than adding a small bacon bit at the bottom. :slight_smile:

This is fine, we do ask that you modify from the original and you’ve done that.

1 Like

A suggestion whenever you do a grilling or cooking themed derby wouldn’t it make sense to offer the winning entries as APRONS.
Just sayin

Just sayin…

1 Like

Well, I didn’t win the derby (tho no big surprise…), but I did get a new record high-- 24 votes that were guaranteed-to-be-nobody-I-knew! Personal best=personal win! :grinning:

It’s neat to see that excitement again in someone.
Back when I started, in late 09, i remember hitting high water marks of 100, 500, I am not sure if I ever hit 1000… But that was back when a win might have between 1200 and 2000+ votes.
And there was not any side sales. Either you got first, second or third place, or nothing. They would have a quarterly second chance derby; where they picked a handful from each derby and put them all against each other… but that was about it… Everything was more brutal
Rejections were swift and merciless.
Wooters watched like hawks for stolen designs, traced images and clip-art…
It was more like…

1 Like

I am hoping the work turned into not done in useless! With dozens of shirts which might be slight variations on “Sarcasm” and “Taco Tuesday” my analyzing of woot and other review article is that so long as the design is one-of-a-kind in execution and people like it woot is OK with it. Any remarks/grievance on the design might be favored.