Diamondback Wildwood Citi Classic Sport Comfort Bike

**Item: **Diamondback Wildwood Citi Classic Sport Comfort Bike
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Diamondback Wildwood Citi Classic Sport Comfort Bike)

[Search Google](Diamondback - Google Shopping Wildwood Citi Classic Sport Comfort Bike)

Take a look at a Few Good Reviews

Find more info at the Product Page

Hop on this bike and proudly display your lobster while chomping down on a nice cookie. Pedal hard and your gluteus Maximus will be as callipygian as woot! Staff’s.

I have a very similar diamondback. Got it back in '97 and even with no official maintenance it’s been rock solid. Good all around bike.

Looking at Remington’s site I didn’t see any tubing products just powdered metals.

Yet again, Woot/Amazon, no specs on weight.

And shockingly, not even from the MANUFACTURER’S web site!

http://www.diamondback.com/wildwood-citi-classic-pavement-casual-comfort

Most bicycle manufacturers don’t list weight because it is affected by frame sizes, tolerances of different manufacturers components which make up the bike, and the different component spec available along a particular model line. What difference does it make on a comfort cruiser anyway?

I agree weight is one the most important aspects of choosing a bike and no weights given. The last thing I want is to end up with a 45 pound beast that is no different than a Walmart special for my only bike.

With all due respect…

Ok, someone is going to have to be the grouchy old man here. Might as well be me.

Are you guys seriously nitpicking weight on a $179 bike that’s (maybe) half a step above the aforementioned Wally World special?

Come on now. If you’re buying a sub $200 brand new bike, you’re going to have to put up with some substantial compromises. It’s either going to be seriously lacking in component quality, it’s going to be fairly heavy, etc. For instance, if I had to take a wild stab at it, I’d guess that in this case the suspension fork is carp.

If quality / weight is a concern, you either need to pony up some more substantial cash for a better bike (new), or look around on Craigslist in your area for a gently used but higher quality ride. You’d be surprised what you can pick up for $200 if you don’t have to have brand spanking new.

I do hear you guys. Sure, the weight would be nice to know. But lots of manufacturers don’t list the weight of even fairly expensive and high end bikes.

I looked up a $4000 bike on Giant’s website. Here is what you get when you look at the specs:

Weight. How much does this bike weigh? It’s a common question, and rightly so. But the truth is, there are no industry standards for claiming bike weights—and this leads to a lot of misinformation. Variances exist based on size, frame material, finish and hardware. And as bikes get lighter, these differences become more critical. At Giant, we believe the only way to truly know the weight of any particular bike is to find out for yourself at your local retailer.

It’s common practice that bike manufacturers don’t list weight. Not Woot’s fault.

Personally, I’d probably avoid a suspension fork at this price range. It’s likely garbage. I tried to find the stanchion size and could not. I’d avoid anything that didn’t have a fork with at least 30mm stanchions. Preferably 32 or better. I’d look for at least something made by Suntour as a minimum, and even then it might be marginal. Frankly, this would be a more attractive deal if the bike had a rigid front end. Better no suspension than garbage suspension.

Cheers. :slight_smile:

Just a note, this is nothing like a 97 or most any bike built before the 2000’s. The frame quality and even the lower end components were better than they are now (I currently own multiple bikes from 80’s, 90’s that I still ride).

We bought two Diamondback bikes about 8 years ago. We don’t use them allot but they have never let us down even with little or no maintenance. Ours cost between $200.00-$250.00 back then. They look similar.

I thought Remington Steele went off the air in 1987.

I bought a used Wildwood that appears to be the same model and it’s been a great bike. I wanted a knockaround bike I could take to town and ride around without a lot of concern for theft, and it’s been great for that. While my friends perform an elaborate bike-bondage ritual every time we stop at an, um, library my bike is indifferently cable locked in 10 seconds and I am off getting first crack at the… books.

I was not crazy about the seatpost so I changed it. These are dirt cheap from a bike scrapper. You might like the seat shock but it’s not for me.

I know inexpensive bikes get stolen a lot but I made a modest investment and accept more risk in this case.

-Joel.

I don’t have this particular model, but I have a Maravista Hybrid and can speak for Diamondback’s quality and durability.

I’ve had my Diamondback for about 7 years now (paid $350 at Dick’s, never any maintenance performed). It sat for about 3 years after moving into our home… and funny this should pop up today because just last week I got it out of storage, inflated the tires, and took off down the trail. It rode great, felt great, and ran through all gears without missing a beat. I would definitely buy another Diamondback.

Looks thoroughly “meh” to me. It’s a steel frame bike and under $200. This means it will be heavy and have a number of cheap components. As previously noted, the front-fork looks the most suspect. I’d second the suggestion of looking for a gently used higher end bike. Trek, Giant, and Cannondale all spring to mind and many people sell of nice bikes for pennies on the dollar.

I bought a Diamondback bike from Woot last year. There was a basic problem with the gears and shifting, wrong derailer was in the box (Note: I had the bike professionally assembled). There was no warranty information in the box, no contact information, no response via email from their website, no response with multiple inquiries from woot. I would not recommend this at all.

You should get negative “quality posts” for that. :slight_smile:

I bought this bike for my wife at Sports Authority on Black Friday ($200 on sale). I bought it as a replacement for her 16-year old suspension-less Specialized Hardrock, thinking that, with the suspension, it would be a more comfortable ride over the trails we normally ride. After two rides she deemed it too heavy - requiring more effort that her old bike. We weighed both and found the Diamondback only two pounds heavier, but perhaps is was the weight distribution that required her to apply more torque as she rode around the trails. Bottom line is that Sports Authority got the bike back, and my wife got a new Specialized…oh yeah, and my wallet got lighter…

Just realize if you’re thinking of buying it that it’s really more of a street / boardwalk bike.