Dremel 3-in-1 Digital Measurement Tool Kit

Dremel 3-in-1 Digital Measurement Tool Kit

1 Like

Found this review from an old Woot sale when this product was cheaper:

Maybe it was defective? Lots of 5 star reviews.

2 Likes

We have one of these from woot. Works as expected. They must have had a defective one or didn’t know what they were doing.

8 Likes

I purchased this several months ago. I simply love it. It is pocket sized, accurate for me, and does not require a receiver device to use it which my previous one did that I purchased many years ago. One of the possible issues of the negative reviewer is that the length, or width if using the tape accessory is included in the measurement. For example, if the measure states 12 inches it includes the length of the device as measured from the back of it which is around 4 inches, not from the front of the device. If the device showed the measurement from the front of the device and the length of the device was not included that same measure would show up as 8". This might explain the ‘inaccuracy’.

8 Likes

Hi :wave: I have one of these from Woot. I got it last year. I swear it was about 1/2 the price of today’s deal. Regardless, I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:! I mostly use it to measure room sizes, but having the wheel tool to measure round or odd- shaped objects is a game changer! For example, how much fabric I need to cover a Giant PaPaSan Chair. :smiley: Hopefully the fella who was having trouble with his can reset it after taking out the batteries- Removing the wheel, and then just point and click to get accurate measurements. It just that easy. I recommend this for anyone needing to measure -up to 65 ft. Please :pray: Note: Longer than that and you need a different tool. (Hard to see in the sunshine :sunny:)

5 Likes

I was just about to pull the trigger on this, but then I checked the Amazon reviews, and it turns out this doesn’t support metric measurements at all. Absolutely mind boggling that they wouldn’t make it possible to toggle between metric and imperial on a digital tool, but that’s a deal breaker for me.

1 Like

I found that out after I bought it a previous time. Kept it anyway, though – it’s still a lot more accurate than the ultrasonic-based one I used to use. I just have to multiply any resulting figure by 25.4 if the measurements needed are in mm.

(Note that I am not staff. I just volunteer to help out on the forums.)

When I seen Dremel I was thinking of a different tool this is something that could be very useful. Im going to have to pick one up. I use my Dremel for lots of other things but it is not for measuring that’s for sure.

How much was it on sale? I added it to cart but can’t remember. Wondering whether to get it from the mother shop for $37…

How much was it on sale?

$26.99

2 Likes