ECOVACS DEEBOT 901 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner

ECOVACS DEEBOT 901 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner

I just bought one of these from BJ’s, just got it last week so funny to see it show up on WOOT. Paid same price, well, had a $35 gift card so got it for just over $160. It’s replacing a Neato Bot80. Had it map the whole house (mostly woodflooring w/some area rugs. Took two runs. First run was only 55min before it needed to recharge and had the vac system set for standard so IMO, it’s ECO mode. Took over 2.5 hrs to charge back up. WTH? over 2 hours for one hour of vac? So, buyer beware, the 2 hour time is outright false advertising from the MANUFACTURE. It did a ok job, it slung dirt around, as suspected with the big brushes it flings around. But too soon to tell if I’m going to keep it. It’s quite, I will give it that much. But though you can set up virtual zones, you can’t (at least I’ve not see it) where you can tell it to clean one area instead of doing everything unless you add a vitural wall on the map. It’s a cool device but the battery doesn’t seem up to par and I at this point don’t feel it cleans any better then my neato.

Well the cheap Eufy 11+ I picked up here takes about 3 hours to recharge so doesn’t sound too outa line. It usually runs about an hour or so but it just is a basic robot that randomly bounces around till it’s dead and tries to find the charger. Missed it this time but probably will get it next time if the money is still there. Mine does a great job on the low pile carpet every day and I use a Shark duo cordless to touch up the bad spots.
It runs once a day and so charging for 3 hours isn’t a big deal to me but if it is to you I bet some of the newer maping robots will charge faster for more money.