Elephas Mini Portable 1080p HD Projector

Elephas Mini Portable 1080p HD Projector

1 Like

Same price on Amazon

3 Likes

I see 99.99 with a 25% coupon only

For when the deal is over. Same price on the mothersite and mine will be here before 7pm tonight!

2 Likes

am I missing the lumen count somewhere or does it not say?

The way it is worded…

This doesn’t sound like it has a native 1920x1080 panel.
It supports 1080p thru up-scaling from down-scaling to an HD panel (720p).
It is like watching an FHD Blu-Ray movie on a 720p television or watching a 4K UHD movie on a 1080p television. In other words, the picture will be fuzzy, especially when projected to over 100".

Also very little mention on what powers it (no pictures of the back too). Probably a disproportionate oversized power brick that completely negates the mini size factor of the projector itself. There is mention of a “portable power station” but it is “not included”.
8000 lumens is really not that bright for a projector. Yes, it is better than their stated 4000L comparison, but you will still need a fairly dark room to watch your content.

However, I think this form factor is great for a wedding party planner (or crasher). Cheap enough to carry around to show embarrassing baby pictures of the bride and groom. Can be used almost anywhere without needing the venue to provide a large enough television for everyone to see. Just make sure the party is either inside a dark room, or outside at night (with a projector screen, “not included”).

As always, you get what you paid for. And the listed Pointless Price is never more truly pointless.

The second picture alludes to the fact that it is 8000 lumens.

I think that’s 8000 Lux.

It is most definitely lux. You will not today be able to pay this kind of money for 8000 lumens.

This whole product listing on Amazon is filled with red flags.

“8000L” - it intentionally leaves it ambiguous what the L means (lux/lumens).
“German LED Light Source Technology” - so what? This is a really old trick to use the country of origin’s reputation for engineering as a selling point without speaking to any real metrics for quality. The emerald glass is German too!
“1080P HD support” - As addressed in the comments, the native resolution is 720p, and it downscales. You don’t generally get a 1080p projector for this kind of price.

ReviewMeta says there’s some issues with fake reviewers, but there’s so many reviews it doesn’t budge the overall score:

Based on this review, the lumen count is likely less than 1000 (I would guess more like 600):

Put another way - they pull all the marketing nonsense that all the other projectors in this price range pull. But - it still may be pretty good for this discount price!