Fire HD 10 Tablet (2019, 9th Gen) (S&D)

Fire HD 10 Tablet (2019, 9th Gen) (S&D)

:rotating_light::rotating_light:WARNING WARNING​:rotating_light::rotating_light: Tablet came broke.

A warning about this specific model and year: we’ve had three of them in the house (one or two were new, the other one or two were Woot refurbs). With typical Amazon updates these became astonishingly slow and laggy–even more than you’d expect for their age and price point.

I can sit one of these side-by-side with a Fire 8 2017, and the older, theoretically-slower one runs circles around it loading/running the same apps. Web browsers are barely responsive, my kids can’t get Minecraft to load correctly on this specific model, I can barely even read comic books on it without it freezing on some pages. I’ve tried all the tricks (fresh factory resets, disabling background apps, etc). Nothing helps. And again–I still have older ones that perform those same tasks fairly well.

These either need a better update from Amazon (unlikely in a 5-year-old device), or are better sent to a recycling center.

Tablet still performs well for one of my kids. Where do you install the Minecraft from? Google Play Store?

minecraft pig GIF