Fire HD 8 Tablet (2020, 10th Gen) (S&D)

Fire HD 8 Tablet (2020, 10th Gen) (S&D)

1 Like

Hmm, “Grade C.” Is that just barely passing?

6 Likes

In 'Murica, C is sposta mean “average”.

Features

• Scratches
  • Dents
8 Likes

Probably worth noting, the Ad Supported version here CAN have the ads removed for an additional fee of about 20$:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=GFNWCZJAM3SBQQZD&ie=UTF8

Not sure how invasive or frequent the ads are, but its offputting enough to make me hesitate to buy one. Any fellow Wooters (Wooties? Wootites?) have much experience with this feature? Interested in impact on battery life in particular.

4 Likes

The only time you see an ad is when you enter your password to open the tablet. I hate ads, but this is no big deal.

12 Likes

People make a lot of issues over and ad thats gone with one swipe of your finger and as long as you’re active on the tablet you wont see it again. When you time out from inactivity youll swipe it off again. Ive gotten several of these closeouts that came without the ad.

7 Likes

I have an older one of these with only 16GB storage and the micro USB port. It’s simple to use, has more screen real estate than an iPad Mini. For 16:9 video content, it is comparable to a full-size 9.7" iPad (keep in mind screen size is diagonal). I can’t speak for the 2020 version, but there are side loadable apps for the earlier ones to remove the Fire UI and replace it with a standard Android interface. All-in-all, at this price it’s a good deal.

2 Likes

Chat with Amazon customer service rep over text only and it is usually pretty easy to convince them to turn off the ads for free.
customer service peter GIF

2 Likes

Needs purchasable warranty link added to listing.
Fire HD 10 Tablet (2019, 9th Gen) - #17 by ThunderThighs

[TT: Not eligible]

Doesn’t qualify at that price point.

1 Like

So per our Asurion rep:

1. Scratch-n-Dent items are not eligible.
    Asurion Protection Plan FAQ
  1. Per our rep, we (Woot) can’t offer plans below $29.99.

Update: Ok, I see you deleted your second post

1 Like

Maybe not the price point, but the condition is what makes it not qualified.
Edit: I now see the new post along the same idea.

1 Like

Weird price limit I couldn’t find listed anywhere (any FAQs) before you mentioned it.
Dragons Den Price GIF by CBC

1 Like

It’s not which is good because it changed about 6 mos back.

1 Like

Why is that good? :thinking:

1 Like

It took us 18 months to get a FAQ update last year.

2 Likes

totally worth it matthew perry GIF

2 Likes

I’m disappointed. I didn’t get any of the scratches & dents I was promised.

No ads either.

3 Likes