Fleur de Sel Chocolate Covered Caramels

Fleur de Sel Chocolate Covered Caramels

I picked these up last year and they were pretty good, but a couple of months later I found the EXACT SAME item, but sold as a store brand for about $10 each. Same container, same product, manufactured in the same city (likely same facility), but with a different brand label. It’s just eyeglasses, all made in the same place but some get a fancier label so you pay more for them. Avoid the trap.

If you want them for Christmas, you’d better order in October! I’ve ordered these in the past and it took 6-8 weeks for them to arrive!

Link to cheap ones, plz.

2 Likes

@nuurgle - Please share the name and location of the store you found the same, but store branded caramels at last year. I’d like to enjoy the affordable option. Thanks!

3 Likes

Less than a dollar an ounce is pretty good if these are good quality. I find it hard to believe you found for 31 cents an ounce.

I get these for Christmas every year. However it’s still 100 degrees at my house in Ca so it’s still too early to buy them. I don’t want them to melt on my doorstep and the chocolate get all chalky!
Please sell them again closer to Christmas but with enough time to get here before then!

1 Like

That’s really surprising - I’d love a link too! I visited the actual store/manufacturing facility for these last year in Portland. That place is AMAZING! If anyone gets a chance to go there, I highly recommend it! I mentioned to them that I found out about them from woot, and they were very quick to remind me that these are special deals and that they don’t sell them for this low a price at their store. Which they didn’t. I wonder if they toll manufacture for other brands too…I’m always looking for a way to get a fix in the summer when they don’t ship.

@bsmith1 @vawrkshopbx @nmtschaenn @mkdr

These are the ones I had last year, but around X-mas they put them out in the large square 32oz canister. If they aren’t made in the same place, it was literally impossible to tell the difference (we did a blind taste test with my roommates just to be sure). They also have the milk chocolate version.

https://www.kroger.com/p/private-selection-dark-chocolate-sea-salt-caramels/0004126038443

2 Likes

Ooh thanks!

1 Like

Unfortunately, the nearest Kroger is a good three hour drive away. Oh, well.