Frost Boss Beverage Chiller

Lot’s of comments from when this was offered in February

Mind = Blown. Science, how does it work?

Can easily be used in any container of ice
Only 3 AA Batteries and ice required (not included) and the beer is not included either

Beer not included either ?

Deal breaker.

Just put your can into ice water, and add salt if you have it. The salt lowers the melting point of the water. Batteries not required, and neither is the Frost Boss.

I likehow the commercia fo this thing tells you not to bring that bulky cooler with you…butwhereexactl do you keep al that ice for this piece of crap?

Worst invetion…evah.

What exactly is the melting point of water? Hehe

Hahaha! I even missed that the first time i read it!

If you already have water, then the molecules already have risen past the temperature from a solid to a liquid but not as high as a gas. In the presence of nucleating substances the freezing point of water is the same as the melting point, but in the absence of nucleators water can supercool to −42 °C (−43.6 °F, 231 K) before freezing.

I thought this was cool til I saw you had to add ice. Little known fact: ice will chill your drink all by itself!

This requires ICE and batteries… and then I must wait 10 minutes? Complete FAIL.

[Hint: Place ice in glass. Pour can contents slowly into glass. Quaff. Enjoy.]

I don’t particularly like my beer poured over ice… :slight_smile:

Drinking requires a little bit of planning ahead:

-Want beer on Sunday but the stores are closed? Buy it on Saturday.
-Want your beer cold? Ice it down before you get to the lake/picnic/tailgating party etc.

It’s not rocket science.

I bought two of these when they were for sale on here a month or two ago and neither one worked.

Water is found in three states, solid, liquid, and gaseous.

There are names commonly used for each; solid=ice, liquid=water, gaseous=steam. However, they are all still “water”.

So, the melting point of pure water is 32F or 0C at sea level.

Seriously, these are crap. I bought one as a gag gift for my wife, because she’s always complaining about how I don’t restock the soda’s, yadda yadda, marriage stuff. I didn’t realize how much of a joke it was. It requires a glass of ice. If I have a glass of ice why not just pour my beverage over it? After she opened it and we got a laugh, we threw it away. It was a really expensive joke.

As I’m sure most grade school students could tell you, 32°F.

FIRST = who wants ice in their beer, and second, it’s only 2 minutes, not 10. I was very interested so did some research and found a site, tailgating.com (I think) that did a test and said it really worked - the drawbacks - it only takes standard size cans, so Coors Light wouldn’t work.

Also, if you have a group of ten guys all trying to use this, you’re all going to be drinking at different times. They gave it the thumbs up.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more useless piece of equipment, ever.