- Here’s a place to post your wins, losses, frustration, and despair.
- If you post clues or answers, please blur them with the [ spoiler] [/spoiler] tag.
- Brag if you must. Just don’t be a spoilsport.
Tutorials for the Woot Forums
Click the ► icons below to expand the related tutorial
How to Quote previous posts
- Press the reply Begin Composing a Reply to this Post button for the post you want to quote
- Click the quote button to quote the entire post you’re replying to
- Add your response on the line after the[ /quote ] tag
- Press the Reply button to post your response
How to Ignore or Mute a User in the Forum
Ignore = Suppress all posts, messages, notifications, personal messages, and chat direct messages from these users.
Mute = Suppress all notifications, personal messages, and chat direct messages from these users.
Please note, Ignoring a user has the greatest restrictions which includes muting the user
- Click on your avatar at the top right of the screen
- Click the person silhouette
- Click on Preferences from the dropdown
- Click Users from the left panel
- Decide if you want to ignore or mute a user. If you only want to mute a user, skip to step 11.
- To IGNORE a user, press the +Add button under the Ignored section
- Click in the box under Username and enter the name of the user you want to ignore
- Click in the box under Duration and select the timeframe you’d like to ignore the user for
- Click the Ignore button to confirm
- Repeat the above steps for any additional users you want to ignore
- To MUTE a user, click in the field below Muted
- Enter the username of the user you want to mute
- Select the username from the dropdown
- Repeat the above steps for any additional users you want to mute
- "Click the Save Changes button
How to make a poll
- In a text field, click on the cog wheel
- Click Build Poll
- Click the cog wheel at the bottom right to view poll setup options
- Decide whether you want to create a single choice, multiple choice, or number rating poll
- Enter the parameters for your poll. Please note, each poll has different parameters
- Click the Insert Poll button
- The poll will now be set up in the text field.
- Click Message to post the poll
Once you post a poll, you can only edit it for 5 minutes. Any votes cast during those 5 minutes will be erased.
How to blur text or items in your post
- Enter your text or item in the comment box
- Highlight what text or item you want to blur
- Click on the cogwheel above where you enter your text or item
- A list of options will appear under the cogwheel. Click on Blur Spoiler
- The spoiler tag will be added and the highlighted text or item will now be blurred
- Repeat these steps to blur any additional text or items as needed.
After you post your comment, anyone can then click on the blurred text or item to reveal it.
How to Set a Custom Status
- Click on your avatar at the top right
- Click on Preferences (the person silhouette)
- Click + Set Custom Status
- Click the emoji icon and select the emoji you want to display
- Enter the text you want to display with your status
- Press Save to set your status (If you want it to be temporary, you can select options on this screen accordingly).
How to Search the Forums for Items
When I’m looking for specific things or want to find something I saw before but don’t remember what category it was in, I come to the forums and do the following:
- Click the magnifying glass at the top right
If you don’t know what a magnifying glass is, it’s this thing:
- Press Enter (or the equivalent on your device)
- Press More at the bottom of the list
- Change Sort By to Latest Post
- Click on the links to whatever you’re interested in and buy it if you want it/if still available
If you ever feel like being particularly disappointed by woot, just enter www.woot.com/random as a url in your internet browser and it’ll bring you to a random item you probably never wanted. Want extra disappointment? Enter that url again and it might show you another random item that you also probably don’t want.
How to Change Default Notification Settings for Forum Threads
- Click your avatar at the top right of your screen
- Click the Profile icon
- Click Preferences
- Click Tracking
- Under Topics change Automatically track topics I enter to never
In addition to the above default setting, near the bottom of every thread, you can manually set that topic accordingly.
(Thanks to mareli83 and her GAME jigsaw Wordle thread for the text above)