Google Pixel 6 Pro Unlocked (Refurbished)

Google Pixel 6 Pro Unlocked (Refurbished)

Youz guys always make me LOL.
The color offering is Stormy White but the photos show either Cloudy White or Stormy Black.
You’re the best. Don’t stop being you…

1 Like

Sorry about that and thank you for the catch! We have updated the color!

Are they news and is refurbished what kind of issue or fix had? Are they 5g and w
Unlocked to use in Costa Rica ?

No.

Refurbished. Read the large alert box on the sale page.

Yes.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

2 Likes

For those who have purchased, how is the quality?

Got mine in the mail a little while ago, quality seems good, no scratches or dings on mine. Although I remember this happening with my old Pixel 2 XL…the screen itself doesn’t feel as “smooth” as I would expect? I know some phones have an issue with some of the screen coating rubbing off over time…I’m not sure if that is what is happening here, but I was planning on getting a screen protector anyways.

Aside from that, the bootloader was unlocked on mine, and the included cable seems very cheap, so my computer wouldn’t recognize the phone in order to do a factory install/wipe through the Google Developer site. So I had to grab a cable I had lying around, then was able to wipe the phone + reinstall the software + lock the bootloader without issue.

Update:
The coating on the display was apparently way worse than I thought; while attempting to install a screen protector, the “dust remover” sticker got stuck to the display…and left a bunch of residue on the display after I finally got it off. Google Store is offering $370 in trade-in credit for the phone currently, at least towards the Pixel 7 Pro, so I ended up getting one of those. Which kind of defeats the purpose of trying to get an inexpensive phone, but yeah.

Hopefully the display situation for others is a bit better?

So sorry, Please make sure you reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form .

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I was debating between this and trading my iPhone 13 256GB in at the Google store. I can get the 256GB for $799 right now and the trade-in is $480 for the iPhone. I paid $200 for it new with last trade.

Thanks Stevenhallas,
That’s unfortunate. I know they are refurbished but I’m am just trying to find if someone has had a positive experience with them.

Thank you.

Yeah, I know spec-wise there isn’t a huge difference between the 6 Pro and 7 Pro, so I’m disappointed. I am bad at being patient though, and the display coating thing was a huge issue for me with the 2 XL. And it’s already difficult finding a decent screen protector because of the curved screen edges. So I just decided to go the more predictable route; if Google wasn’t offering so much in trade, I’d have requested a replacement through Woot for sure.

This is an amazing bargain assuming it’s in good condition. The Pixel 7 Pro is like a good four to $500 more and you’re really only getting a five time zoom over a four time zoom and face ID.

Both still have the relatively inefficient ships and modems and I really can’t wait for Google to transfer the tensor chips from Samsung to TSMC in 2025.

But still you compare this to the pricing of like the s21 ultra which came out nine months before this and this is $170 cheaper on the resale market. Exact this is about what you would pay for a Pixel 6A.

It still gets like 38 more months of security patches.

So unless you just don’t want the large phone or the curved screens, if your cross shopping this and a pixel 7 Pro or a Pixel 6a or something this would be pretty compelling.

You really can’t stand the curved screen or the size maybe look for the Pixel 6 proper model.

Be interesting to see if in 12 months the pixel 7 Pro is under 300 bucks

Mine came in great shape, looking new, with no scratches or cracks anywhere, although it came in a generic box. It also came in days, much sooner than the official estimate Woot gave me. No problems at all. I installed a TPU screen protector from Amazon, since this model doesn’t do well with tempered glass ones, especially for the fingerprint unlock (As well as the curved screen.) But the TPU screen protector did the trick, and it unlocks fine and everything is working well. Google pricematched Amazon’s much lower price for the Otterbox defender case for this phone, which I was able to use with my Google store credit. So, it’s protected!

But my bootloader was unlocked too, which is concerning. For those who don’t know, that means that anyone could have loaded anything on the phone, and leaves it unprotected from future attacks. It was also already set up with Android, so I wouldn’t have been able to move everything from my old phone. It’s probably just how they refurbish phones, but I wasn’t taking any chances with a phone that has all my info and my life on it!

So, I used Google’s Android flash tool through my PC, and selected “wipe device”. “lock bootloader” and “force flash all partitions”, as others suggested online. You might need to install android drivers, if you don’t already have them on your PC.
https://flash.android.com/
That set the phone back to factory new, and it then moved everything from my old phone and updated everything. And now, it’s running as good as new. Well, new and updated.

Happy with my purchase.

1 Like

Side note: the Otterbox Defender case I bought from Google was HUGE, adding considerable size in all dimensions. Yes, it was probably VERY protected, but I couldn’t fit it in the phone/tech pockets in my shorts or my jeans. Protection doesn’t help, if you can’t carry the phone with you! So, I went with a much thinner cheap generic Chinese case, and am still loving the phone.