Green Grotto 24 💚 The Home of Bunchies, murder bots, and....melons!

It looks like they’re going to stop having them, too.

Edit: maybe that’s just the birthday gift cards.

7 Likes

Ooooh petty day for a walk.

We’ve got rain and it makes me sleepy.

9 Likes

Hi all!
The wacky back n forth of nice 70-90 warm days then 50 and gray cool and raining in May - Gray has turned into June - Gloom. Rain and wind today … then warming up to possibly 85 over next weekend.
Planning a friend’s beer pub walk n crawl w/ food for next Saturday.

Garden is getting a good watering. Grilled local salmon and asparagus for dinner last night.

I too get sleepy. Had a nap on Saturday even before lunch.
Hubby’s watching regional rounds of college baseball and making a Bolognese sauce for tomorrow’s dinner. Tonight: cozy roast chicken for a rainy day.

Baked a pound cake (Barefoot Contessa/Ina Garten) to go with local fresh strawberries.

New tenant is moving in the apt next door to me. He’s a young 20-something professional and seems nice and reserved (so far). His family was nice as they helped him move stuff upstairs. His roommate comes in another week or so.

10 Likes

The rain went around us. Again. I certainly hope this rainless period doesn’t stretch past summer (like last year.) That will suck.

9 Likes

It’s been overcast and a little wet all day. Perfect for more mosquitoes.

I don’t think I got any new bites this weekend, but I wore jeans the last couple days.

Edit: oh, and a thin hoody. I don’t think that would have stopped them, but I did manage to stay out of the sun.

11 Likes

The Mayor of Kingstown is streaming again on Paramount+.

Jeremy Renner is Rockstar :green_heart:

10 Likes

got up to 80 here, and sunny. nice weekend for walks, not too hot. I’m glad I live in the north!

9 Likes

Our temps max mid 80s. The humidity is over 65% everyday. When the breezes start it makes it so enjoyable.

Rain, once a week. It is all I ask.

9 Likes

I have kept a thin jacket or hoodie on everytime we go fishing. Every week it gets warmer. You can feel it. No bites yet!!

9 Likes

we generally only get a few days with high humidity, thank goodness.

48% humidity here according to my weather app

hot enough for me!

8 Likes

I am jealous! I would lover cooler temps and lower humidity.

8 Likes

Hubby bought ice cream. Mini drumsticks. They are tiny!!! He has eaten 6 already.

(Tiny as in smaller than your thumb)

9 Likes

I :heart: him and still need to fully watch the show.

6 Likes

Still rainy here and around 60F. Should taper off by sometime mid-day tomorrow.
UPS and Amazon keeping me updated of my BOC from May Woot-Off. Was gonna be Monday; now Tuesday. :w_boc:
Also waiting on some clothing delivery for Monday. New tops and basics.
Chicken dinner and salad, then dessert were delicious.

8 Likes

We’ve been in the 70s - 80s for the last few weeks. Looks like we’re moving into the 90s beginning on Wednesday… here comes summer!

The motorcycle jacket I have is vented for hot weather but it sure doesn’t feel like it.

As a side note, got myself the airbag vest. Hope I never need it but have it if I do. We also got a pair of bluetooth headsets so we can talk to each other now instead of me jabbing him in the side to get him to pull over. For funsies, when I paired my headset to my phone and then paired it to his, I named mine “Backseat driver” :rofl:

10 Likes

yeah…me too.

8 Likes

my knees have been tormenters the last few days…
a nerve or ligament gets stuck and pinches a sharp pain in the back of right knee.
anyways i don’t if it was poof or you or both ? that talked about the voltaren quite a while ago…
but i bought it back then and stuck it in the cupboard and forgot all about it…
anyways thanks for bringing it back up… i’m like…what a minute… i bought that stuff!! lol
went and found it and going to use it!!

10 Likes

i knew it was your moms birthday…
i did not know if i should say anything…i know you miss your mom dearly.
shoot… i still miss her and her smart funny comments and she was not my mom.
not everyone believes… but i do…
you don’t have to go to the cemetery… mama chev is not there…
she is in a different there… don’t know exactly where or what the there is but the there is not the cemetery for sure. you can talk to her anywhere. chev.:green_heart:

the mices stuff if you don’t want to deal with it yourself…
just pay for an exterminator.

11 Likes

june 3rd

Australian Wood Ducks

12 Likes

Mornin Greens! It is coffee time! Gulp! Too earrly but I have been waking up early again lately.

Today’s WTF: If a Polar Bear and a Grizzly Bear mate, their offspring is called a “Pizzy Bear.”

14 Likes