Green Grotto 24 šŸ’š The Home of Bunchies, murder bots, and....melons!

9 Likes

Good Morning Greens! Found Bunny living in my bushes. Bunny apparently is the one eating my lily buds, my hostas, and laying down in my purple
Spirea. Bunny has also eaten my strawberries and raspberries. Bunny says no fruit for you! Dagnabit Rabbit! It explains so much! I hope Bunny hair curls in this 81% humidity. Lesigh.
Enjoy Sunrise!

14 Likes

23 WEEK Calendar Reveal

10 Likes

good morning greens!

my plan for today is to make another 1-2 batches of pesto and freeze it. may as well use up all the basil.

Kā€™s friend has a peanut allergy & isnā€™t sure she can eat walnuts. she loves almonds, so I may try a batch with almonds, too.

12 Likes

Nice! Our basil has also gone crazy and she has froze some pesto sauce for later.

9 Likes

I think it might be better with almonds.

8 Likes

I will let you know!

8 Likes

My basil is putzing. It came up from seed and is lime green. Grrrr. Looks like I need to buy starters. I just cannot grow it from seed!

3 Likes

Typically arenā€™t pine nuts used? I know they can be expensive.

6 Likes

yes. I only found a bag for like $21. no thanks. I had seen there are recipes using all kinds of nuts, so I went with walnut.

8 Likes

Yeah, I think pine nuts is classic Italian version. Iā€™ve even made a pesto with arugula, basil, parsley and pistachios. Very hearty. I like how cooking now a days can be classic or/and what you have on hand or prefer.

6 Likes

Real conversation that just happened between myself and Randy about salt water taffy we bought at Samsā€¦
R ā€œWhat flavor are the blue ones?ā€
M ā€œBlue Raspberryā€
R ā€œI thought they were grape?ā€
M ā€œThe purple ones are grapeā€
R ā€œAre you sure??ā€
M ā€œYou got your colors all wrong, you need to go back to Kindergartenā€¦ā€ When have you ever seen a neon blue Grape or purple raspberries??"
R ā€œOk, if you say so.ā€

Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

12 Likes

We use toasted pine nuts in our Pesto.

9 Likes

Testing. Iā€™m never sure if Iā€™m signed in. Seems like I sign out and sign in, but then when I try to comment, it says Iā€™m not.

11 Likes

Playing - The Beatles, Yesterday and Today. 1965

It has songs from previous albums and some new ones.

Strange, Youtube does not have this album.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s a quirk when you switch from the shopping site to the forums.

8 Likes

Mine comes in a jar and Iā€™ve never read the ingredients. It might be corn.

9 Likes

Blue Bird Hello GIF

8 Likes

Almonds are tasty too.

I also think Pepper might be talking about nut allergies.
My brotherā€™s best friend used to work for a science company researching allergies (his daughter is allergic) and research is finding that almonds are a good type to (re)introduce to people working on maintaining diet. Of course under doctor guidance. Slowly integrating something into diet has shown some good results.

I remember my allergy shots as a kick and the testings. Tolerance can be developed for some things. Shellfish and dairy are the strickest and hardest of allergens. Other may be sensitivities. Humans are weird.

8 Likes

Yes! Luckily, most people with nut allergies can still eat Pine Nuts (Pinyon). :man_shrugging:
I used to get them from veggy stands in S Calif, Julian area I think.

Theyā€™re pretty expensive for some reason now, but Costco carries them on occasion. Store extra in a vacuum bag or you can even freeze them in vac bags for longer.

I think MBS said they can not eat Walnuts but can eat Almonds.

Sadly, Iā€™m highly allergic to cats. I get the shakes when Mrs. D mentions getting one.

6 Likes