Green Grotto 24 šŸ’š The Home of Bunchies, murder bots, and....melons!

A friend is gluten free and dairy free, but sheā€™s discovered she can eat mozzarella and goat cheese.

10 Likes

WOW! I didnā€™t know that.
Is it an allergy thing?
I have a grandkid thatā€™s no-lactose, which is in cheese or something.

7 Likes

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

YOU ARE NOT ALLERGIC TO CATS, DAVE!!

12 Likes

jesse eisenberg GIF by 1091

9 Likes

Even a spoon full of ice cream makes her sick.

3 Likes

I do have a reaction to walnuts sometimes. I did use pine nuts in a recipe once. Wasted a lot of them when I didnā€™t use them again.

No reaction to the black walnut ice cream I had Saturday.

8 Likes

I could go for pistachios.

9 Likes

Playing - The Rolling Stones, decemberā€™s children (and everybodyā€™s) 1965

7 Likes

Maybe it is a processed thing? Both of those cheeses are minimally processed.
Just a thought.

As for lactose intolerance and nut allergies, oi! I would be devastated. I am devastated for anyone facing this! Makes cooking a challenge. :green_heart:

8 Likes

Iā€™ve looked into this before. Raw walnuts have something in them (chemical or enzyme) that when eating too much can cause reactions. Not the same yet similar to citrus foods like pineapple. Iā€™ve had it happen too w/ raw walnuts.

Thought I couldnā€™t eat macadamia or coconut when I was younger. Iā€™d cough and get a scratchy throat. Even got hives once from eating shredded coconut. The milk in curries, baked goods is fine. Since I donā€™t care for the texture and taste of the coconut ā€œmeatā€ I just avoid it anyways incase I might bet a reaction. Small amounts in trail mix or granola are fine. I just avoid macadamia since I donā€™t care for it much anyways not allergic. Same with cashews.

Clearly Iā€™ve spent some quality time reading up on these topics.

8 Likes

So in one of my random Etsy searches I came across the following today and it reminded me of you @Froodyfrog. Granted I donā€™t see the resemblance, but you might.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1652282885/druzy-carnelian-penguin-carvingslab

7 Likes

Hey, trivia fans, @FrostByte has a new game. Itā€™s fun, come try it! We need more players.

8 Likes

Re: nut allergiesā€¦my son grew up eating all kinds of nuts and stuff with nuts n them. As a young adult, living on a budget, he started eating a lot of PBJsā€¦he developed a severe allergy to peanuts and peanut butterā€¦??? No nut allergies n either side of the familyā€¦ :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

@Se7enty9 congrats on monthly leaderboard BOC win!

9 Likes

A nice late afternoon rain is startingā€¦4 next couple hrsā€¦yayā€¦brought temps down 2 mid 70s vs 86 ā€¦
Happy Its Raining GIF by marko

10 Likes

Lucky! I watered the front lawn and flower beds.

7 Likes

took a nice 45 min walk

only around 70 with a great breeze but Iā€™m still a sweaty mess lol

11 Likes

We should spam the heck outta the contest thread with tons of multiple entries in protest. It would give TT some impressive statistics to report on. :rofl::joy:

8 Likes

Mispell.lol

3 Likes

Good morn after eveving to all

7 Likes