Green Grotto 24 šŸ’š The Home of Bunchies, murder bots, and....melons!

Itā€™s been a long time since Iā€™ve seen a whole commercial.
I mute or FF if itā€™s recorded.
NASCAR makes it hard to avoid them all sometimes but Iā€™m fast with the mute button!

9 Likes

Yes! It was great when we had an online DVR! Alas, no fast fwd now. Gotta get those ads in!!

6 Likes

And the attorney adsā€¦

7 Likes

So cute!

6 Likes

Me 2ā€¦was 1 of my fave shows as a kid!

6 Likes

Man, my garden is growing slow.
The one year where the wife actually care about the produce.
Itā€™s like the garden KNOWS that my heart just ainā€™t in it this yearā€¦

14 Likes

Itā€™s still early. Weā€™re in the North, lol. We have to wait, dammit.

10 Likes

Yeah, the canned salsa from last years has a date in September. That always tempers my patience.

I have been harvesting cucumber and zucchini though.

And I have a couple honeydew that are the size of mini nerf footballs.

Two of the plants cam from an amish green houseā€¦ the other ā€œ6ā€ came from the seeds harvested from some honeydew that I bought from Kroger, I think they came from south America back when I bought themā€¦ Have no idea if they would even produceā€¦ But here, we are, fruiting away.

12 Likes

Find happiness in the fact that you can grow something.

I manage to kill cacti. :joy:

11 Likes

I just picked Roma tomatoes

I am going to have to do something soon. We are picking faster than eating right now. The big boys and beefsteak are producing well and will need to be picked. Taters are ready. That will be tasty!

12 Likes

Multiple. Huh. I have one that is 30 yrs old. It hurts to move it so it stays neglected in its original dish.

8 Likes

When I needed a bunch to canā€¦ ( hating canning half a pot) I will process and weigh the slurry, then place it in plastic bags. I keep a running total and when I have enough frozen, I will pull them all out and can them togetherā€¦ Usually on a week-end. I wasted far fewer after starting to do this.

8 Likes

Itā€™s so bad that my kids made the decision years ago to only gift me cut flowers.

And it always comes with: ā€œā€¦ remember that time momā€¦ and killed it. Whatā€™s her record now?ā€

I tell them they should be lucky theyā€™re still alive. :joy:

11 Likes

Thatā€™s a clever idea!

Iā€™d always just beg for more from someone else.

Wow, I just realized I know a lot of people who garden and share their produce!

They always get it back canned in some form so itā€™s a win-win.

9 Likes

Funny! Donā€™t get me wrong, I have killed plenty of plants. Just not many these days.

8 Likes

I had my first one with lunch today. The army is growing. SOON

Iā€™ll unload extras on the neighbors and at the office. Peeling them and freezing them did pretty well last year, but remembering theyā€™re in the freezer is a challenge.

9 Likes

Sorry Iā€™m late getting to thisā€¦ I pray for comfort for both of you and rapid healing for Mr. Mick.

Healing Vibes Sending Prayers GIF by MOODMAN

9 Likes

Neurotin aka Gabapentin is best prescribed for nerve pain. Also restless leg syndrome, things like that. Really help with nerve issues.

Now after reading everybody elseā€™s posts, I see others mentioned it as well and then you got a script for it. Hope itā€™s working for him. Mine took a few days to kick in when I used to take it in the past.

11 Likes

Itā€™s odd how one year some things bear heavily, other years something else does good.
Thatā€™s why I ā€˜over-plantedā€™ some things I love like 'maters and chili peppers like jalapeno and ancho.
Some things always did great like our fav Kentucky Blue green beans and zucchini.

8 Likes

Wish I could do more than this for you.

Burning Heat Wave GIF by Emma Darvick

10 Likes