Green Grotto 24 💚 The Home of Bunchies, murder bots, and....melons!

my eyes are bothering me today so I’m (mostly) avoiding using my phone or reading but good grief it’s BORING

9 Likes

TAKE CARE OF YOUR EYES MBS!

TAKE A NAP OR SOMETHING??

8 Likes

I’m posting a true variety of tunes today!

8 Likes

Keurig is only one step above the older percolators IMHO.
Not a fan of the flavors or strength.
We’ve debated on the french press, but the wife is off coffee, so no reason to spend the extra few bucks. I’m easy.

7 Likes

Yup! I got shot by one!

11 Likes

Gotta sterilize my jars. Then I can start filling them, with this!

Then breaking out the turkey fryer to boil (can) the jars outside. Easy peasy.

13 Likes

Do you slice them like a beachball first? So you can peel it by hand after you blanch them?

9 Likes

I give them a hot water bath and peel them whole, starting at the bloom end, core them, and then pulse on the Ninja 3 times. We like a little chunk.

11 Likes

Today is my Friday.
Tomorrow morning the window crew comes to replace 6 windows. All first floor. Didn’t think the upstairs needed any new.
Oogie called in a panic yesterday when they called her. She’s busiest on Fridays. I have no problem calling off.
They’ll arrive somewhere between 8 and 10.
They’ve been prompt on everything else, so I’d better be ready at 8.

13 Likes

Here is my waste. Fun times for the compost bin.

Too much?

10 Likes

Don’t watch them put them in if you don’t want to see how easy it is. All I could think about was if I burgled, easy pickings. You are going to love new windows!! Wavy glass is no longer an issue these days!

10 Likes

I miss using the percolators. The coffee smelled so good.

12 Likes

I blanch, let cool a little, peel, turn them upside down on newspaper for a few minutes so I get more meat, less juice, squish by hand. Simmer 20 minutes, put in freezer bags.

11 Likes

This is my last case of jars from the pandemic. Instructions on bottom.

9 Likes

hubs took me for a ride and we ended up stopping for a cocktail. that should help, right??

12 Likes

looks delicious!

7 Likes

I’m done! 10 pints. Sitting all nice and cozy between their towels for a slow cool down. I will check on them tomorrow. They either seal, or go into meals real fast-like. Whew!

11 Likes

4 are replacing vinyl that the previous owner had probably installed himself. The one in the kitchen my dad put in but we wanted something different. The other has an aluminum frame.
The one behind the couch doesn’t seal properly and needs plastic during the winter. Glad I won’t need to do that anymore.

14 Likes

Denny Hamlin and his NASCAR staff get to pay the piper for their sponsor’s screw up. Dang you, Toyota Racing!!
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: The penalties are harmful with only two races left.

8 Likes

Need some help. Here’s the sentence:
You’ll agree with me that that provision of the policy statement doesn’t set some "bright-line? test for the number of animals in a unit.
I don’t think bright line is right. Any suggestions?

10 Likes