Haan Steam Cleaning Floor Mop

The Z designates that this is HAAN recertified. This is the FS-20+.

Bought it a few weeks back. It heats up really fast!

Anyone else notice the shower floor didn’t look any cleaner after they ran it in there?

I have solid oak and bamboo hardwood floors. Would this be ok for these? Not suppose to get the real wet but they have been coated with a poly stuff. What do you think? I have 3 pets and this would sure help.

My wife has been wanting a steam mop… apparently someone gets the kitchen floors dirty with their muddy boots.

First, I LOVE my steam mop and highly recommend one if you have wood floors. Second, I ended up with a Eureka so I don’t know about the Haan, BUT, the first review in this link contains the best, most comprehensive review of any product I have ever seen and should give you some good info and comparisons for the Haan. Happy Mopping!

http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Enviro-Hard-Surface-Steamer-313A/product-reviews/B001LYFBHG/ref=cm_cr_pr_redirect?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0#R2J8JRXPEBJAY6

I wonder how this would do on a leather couch…?

Anyone know if you use this on a peel-n-stick vinyl tile floor if it will soften the adhesive? Because I am thinking the steam will be able to get under the tiles at the abutting joints?

In for (1) at Ben’s. Same price as Woot when including the Free Shipping, but saves $3.20 sales tax if you live in Texas.

I have a slightly different model (light and slim) than this one, but here’s my review

I got my Haan Steam Mop from woot in early March.
-It was super easy to put together and just as easy to use.
-It came with packets of lime/scale remover for if you have hard water.
-It did a great job on my laminate hardwood and laminate floors.
-The cord is about 5’ shorter than I’d like it to be. But it’s not a deal breaker at all.
-I got through my entryway, large dining room, and eat in kitchen with 2 tankfills and 2 pads. (Though I did buy 2 extra pads and it took 3 pads the second time around.)
-It warms up fast.
-I will stand up on it’s own - you don’t have to lean it against a wall. (I think this is awesome.)
-It did “drag” a bit on my cheap laminate floor in the kitchen. It took a bit of effort to push/pull it on that surface. But on the hardwood - no problem.
-While it does a great job, I wish there was another line of steam holes along the front - it won’t “edge” along walls well, because the steam doesn’t really get that far to the front of the machine.

tl:dr - Worth the $50 I paid for it. Love it. But it’s not perfect.

My package of replacement pads says 300 washes on the gentle cycle, with no fabric softener. It also says if you hand wash, they’ll last longer.

Sounds like it’s got some bacteria/mold growth in the system. Clean it out with a little disinfectant or bleach or something.

OK - I work in the cleaning industry, and I’m having a couple of problems with their continued use of the word “sanitize”. First, I cannot find any efficacy data (a detailed list of what microorganisms, such as staph, e. coli, salmonella, etc., that this unit has been proven to kill in a controlled laboratory setting), either in the product manual or on their website. An example of such a statement is “Kills 99.99% of Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 6538 when used in accordance with label/manual instruction.” Second, I can’t find any instructions for what needs to happen to achieve “sanitizing” as you clean (if they were there, I missed them). A couple of competitive units say that you need to use the steam unit in conjunction with a multi-purpose disinfectant cleaner, or that you need to hold the mop in one place on the floor for about 30 seconds.

Folks, merely “mopping” your floor with this unit with the steam on will NOT sanitize your floors - it may kill some of the microorganisms, but not even the majority of them.

Also, while steam will help lift some of the dirt off, there is no substitute for the action of a good detergent-based cleaner - I can go on and on about things like saponification, soil suspension, alkalinity, etc. - those are the things that make cleaners work much better than water, no matter how hot your water may be.

In for one.

We were just discussing needing one of these yesterday. Our microfiber spray mop is great, but doesn’t REALLY do more than quick cleaning, and we have tile that never seems fully clean. Toddler + dog + cat means we have a mess usually.

I bought one of these from Bed Bath & Beyond 2 years ago for $99.99 plus shipping, so total cost was around $124 with tax.

I LOVE IT! I didn’t read Woot’s description of what comes with this steam mop, so if it doesn’t come with a “short” handle as an extra, then be sure to buy one! With the short handle you can use it on counter tops, beds, chairs, sofas, etc. And be sure to buy a couple of extra micro fiber clothes. At BBB you used to be able to get 2 clothes for $9.99

With the long handle, be careful to not push hard when assembling, or using, as it can break. (happened to a friend of mine)

I’ve used my Haan steamer on peel n stick floors. My bathroom has that type of flooring. Just use the steamer like you would a regular mop… just don’t let the steamer “stand” on a tile for a period of time.

I have both laminate flooring and the “peel and stick” tiles in the kitchen.

Hearing that this will work on both is a good thing… Right now we mop with a bucket of water and sponge mop, then go back behind and have to dry with a towel…

This seems simpler by just helping with the mopping. And if it happens to steam/sanitize ANYTHING that is a good bonus as well.

In for one.

Thanks Home Woot!

I do have one silly/stupid question.

I see that this thing weighs in a 3.15lbs. I assume that is empty.

Does anyone know what it weighs when fully loaded?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it works with peel and stick tiles. I’ve had this model for almost 3 years and its great. I did a lot of research on which steam mop would be better and I liked this one. The huge plus for me was the steam holes are across the bottom, having multiple, not just one like most. You use 1 cup of water at a time and for me, that lasts about 20-30 minutes.

Having a 1 year old, I think I chose a better way of cleaning our floors than using harsh cleaners that would be harmful to her. (Not that I don’t use any regular cleaners, just concerned when she drops something then puts it in her mouth after using those cleaners.)

I’ve never had a problem with mine. The cord is as long as my vacuum cord, which I have to unplug and replugged that to finish vacuuming just like any other person would. I love my haan, hope you will too.

Can anyone compare this to the SI-35? I have a (now broken) Eureka Envirosteamer, and I am hoping to get a Haan as a replacement. This one sounds appealing, but the “Slim and Light” version might be a better option? We have all hardwoods/laminate/tile in our house.