Haan Steam Cleaning Floor Mop

so, the slim and fit version is going to be for sale on Tue 27 march? do you know what the price for that model will be?

Okay, so I can’t comment on this particular steamer (we have a Shark Vac-Then-Steam), but here’s my hang up with steamers.

A steamer is awesome for loosening the dirt and grime that’s stuck down on your floor.
But it’s not great at actually removing it.

Once the grime is loosened, it’s turned into a super-fine solution that you simply spread out across your floor to form a hazy micro-film over the whole thing.

As long as you follow up the steaming with something to wipe up the loosened grime, then steamers work great b/c they save you from having to scrub.

But they don’t save you much time.

I have the Monster brand steam mop that I got off Woot a year or so ago. I have the same problem with it.

Also, when you use these things, you need to make sure that the cleaning pad you use is absolutely clean, and that you wash it immediately when you’re done. When you pump hot steam through a pad that’s got any dirt, filth, or bacteria in it, you’re going to also make the room smell foul with a stench that doesn’t clear out for days - even with a HEPA filter going on high and the bathroom vent fan on 24 hours a day.

Yes, if the floors are sealed with Poly, this works great.

Mother’s day shopping done in 1 shot!

I purchased one! I’m hoping, after reviewing all the positive comments, that this steam mop can help me make my living room carpet a little less ‘crunchy’ and ease the process of cleaning the kitchen linoleum in my apartment (which is white for some horrifying, inexplicable reason.)

As a long time floor installer I feel I can offer some some insight. The better quality flooring you bought, the more likely it will resist swelling and cracking at the seams? If you got a lifetime warranty, this is a good indicator of the manufacturers confidence.
If it was professionally installed by trained, qualified and experienced LAMINATE flooring installers…it will be tight and able to resist the brief contact with steaming temp. and moisture. If you or another DIY installer were careful to keep the installation tight usind vibratory placement tools or at least a gentle mallet and block technique to lock sliding lock joints, and used a high quality product you probably will experience good results…it’s not rocket science but there are many common issues with DIY installations.
Finally, if you are experiencing swelling, raising and chipping at the board edge between boards you have a bad installation and serious problems which must be addressed before you have a major insurance claim, mold remediation, rot, possible plumbing leakage over time and even possible floor collapse…especially in floors with original particle board sub-flooring.
The new snap together boards, solid woods, bamboo and green options are the best under this type of stress.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good steam at your side, kid " - Haan Solo

This is my problem with the hand washing the pad advice. I have the slim model from earlier this year and I love it, but I tried hand washing it and I just didn’t feel like I got it clean enough. Shorter life of the pad or not I’ll machine wash and let air dry.

in for one - live in an apartment with a oak type wood across the entire unit, and this is just what I’ve been looking for to compliment my quick vac -

The problem was ordering anything from Shark, not a refurbished product. Shark makes cheap stuff that breaks instantly. I buy refurbished products all of the time and have yet to have a problem with them.

It will only weigh a few ounces more since the Haan only holds about a cup of water. You can see the fill cup in the photos. One fill cup and your Haan is full.

I had the same question. Here’s the best link I found:

http://www.consumersearch.com/steam-mops/haan-si-35-slim-and-light-sanitizing-steam-mop

The Haan SI-35 Slim & Light Sanitizing Steam Mop uses 15 steam jets to produce a fine steam that is hot enough to kill dust mites and bacteria in just one second. The mop is able to heat up to 212 degree Fahrenheit in half a minute, and its 13.5-ounce water tank allows you to clean for 20 to 25 minutes before refilling the tank. In addition, once the power is switched on, the Haan SI-35 produces steam continuously without the need to pump the handle or pull a trigger as with models from other manufacturers. Unlike the Haan FS-20 Sanitizing Steam Mop (*Est. $95), which uses a boiler tank method for heating the water, the Haan SI-35 pumps the water through a heating element, which allows for a removable water tank that you can fill at the sink. The Haan SI-35 remains lightweight like the Haan FS-20, both of which weigh less than 5 pounds with water, but with its lower profile mop head, the Haan SI-35 is able to reach places the Haan FS-20 can’t.

They do make scent drops that you can drop on the pad, it smells great. We bought a 3 pack on Amazon that’s lasted us forever.

Have one of these…hard to push until the pad gets moist… also doesnt fit under kitchen cabinets because of the tank so have to do that section seperately… otherwise it is a pretty good unit.

Will it fit under standard kitchen cabinets?

** Answered **

We have vinyl flooring where dirt gets in the nooks and crannies of the vinyl’s pattern. It does not come out with regular scrubbing. Will a steam mop take care of this?

Mark

lucky mom!?

I was wondering (aloud) if this could be used to clean base boards and painted walls.

I recently moved into an apartment and I have a small laundry room that the prior tenant(s) apparently used to house their cat’s litter box.

I really really REALLY want that smell out of the room I do my laundry in.

Yes, I did notice, and actually, the floor looked worse afterward (due to the video resolution). I give them credit for not showing a sparkling clean floor which, I expect, would not be produced by this machine. Made me want to buy one for what it is good for - and I did.

I also noticed the ugly-ass shoes, but who cleans floors (or doesn’t murder people, for that matter) with nice shoes - giving more credence to the video.

And the reason I decided to purchase this item is for the capability that it has to produce steam at a higher temperature than other mops like the Shark. I’m not too concerned about killing every living thing in its path but rather just removing surface debris without chemicals. And lately with the bed bug scare, I’m thinking that with the included Deluxe Sanitizing Tray, it’ll come in handy for the bed. Would have been nice if the short handle was included given that the Deluxe Sanitizing Tray is included in this deal. But you can pick up the short handle on Amazon for $12 or maybe a couple of buck cheaper if you want to deal with a 3rd party seller.