Hosta Perennial Mixed Plants - 9pk

Trying to understand why the varieties are not identified. I can’t tell what I’m planting. Also, the three miniature bags look nothing like the last picture in this sale post.

I totally agree with you. I got three palm size bags which were packed not very well, almost dried out. Also, they are not returnable. Beware!!!

These are mixed hosta that include Albomarginata, Aureo Maginata, Francee, Frances Williams, Sieboldiana Elegans, and Wide Brim hosta. They arrive as live bare root plants so it is recommended you plant them when they arrive.

Received my first order of three packs, 9 hosta. My garden is full of different hosta varieties, so am okay with the “surprise” variable.

The plants I received are very fresh bare roots, ready to spring forth. Took them out of the baggies right way and put into a bucket of damp spagnum moss along with the peat moss they are packed in, covering the roots. Keeping them moist, the leaves have sprouted very well and have been planting in the shade over the weekend. (a warm Zone 7 here.)

On here today to order a second batch. Good value.

Nine different varieties in the purchase? No repeats?

These are shipped as mixed assortments so a few plants might be the same type of hosta in your mixed assortment.

got 3 plants in the delivery. Hope more are coming. does anyone know the contact information of the seller?

Sorry about that. Contact woot customer support and they’ll help you out.

Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

Will deer or any country critter snack on these?

Says low maintenance, can the mean plant and forget?

In general deer are very fond of hosta. Of course once your plants get to a certain size and spread enough you may not notice any feeding going on. I have never had any issues with mine and I have lots of rabbits in my area and occcasional deer too.

Meh… ordered 3 sets. ( That’s 18 plants) ALL are the same variety.

Not that I mind, but be honest and advertise that you only have one type

Except for Sieboldiana Elegans, I think it is very hard to tell if they are different before growing up.

; however, you can seek the support of woot, and they are very nice to help you.

Great value… but it sure would be nice if the plants/bags were labeled to assist in planting.

Hosta are like deer candy in suburbia; they will eat them down to bunches of bare stems, but Hosta are tough and come back yeast after year anyway! Work in sun and semishade.

[quote postid=“7449648”
user=“mtnbiker1”]
In general deer are very fond of hosta. Of course once your plants get to a certain size and spread enough you may not notice any feeding going on. I have never had any issues with mine and I have lots of rabbits in my area and occcasional deer too.
[/quote]

All 8 of mine were the same plant type, 1 was missing. The dark green with white. It was my understanding these were to be mixed varieties. They did begin to open up in 2 days with all the rain. Not worth the full price let alone the sale price for the same plant. Don’t waste your money as you too will be disappointed. You can go to Home Depot or Lowe’s and buy the $5.99 pot, split in into single sprouts which is how these arrived. Thumbs down.

Misleading

I’m very sorry. Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

There are 3 plants in each of the 3 bags, totalling 9 plants.

I’m ordering another 9 plants today. The first shipment I got was very healthy - they started sprouting as soon as I took the bags out of the box. I’ve planted them all and they’re all growing just fine. Hard to tell if they are different varieties though.