HP Pavilion Athlon Dual Core 5000+ Desktop Computer

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Pavilion-A6130N-Desktop-Processor-Premium/dp/B000RNC4TK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1199426601&sr=8-1

Doesn’t really have a video card.

No video card = strike five.

it cost just $10 more to get the same thing from hp shopping website

Okay, will this thing play TF2 at decent settings? Like,… over 60FPS?
Out of the box, no upgraded video card?

Because I’m looking for a new computer just for TF2,… seeing how my current system plays the game at like,…9-25 FPS,… ugh.

This might be a basic question, but if the system has ‘integrated video’ (guessing that means video on the motherboard), can you still add an aftermarket video card?

Yes, indeed. Good catch.

PLUS TAX for many states on the hp website…

Only TAX FOR TEXAS ON WOOT.

So this can label my DVD’s what? My DVD’s surfaces?

What is computer savey??? Knowing a cheap computer when you see one??

“This might be a basic question, but if the system has ‘integrated video’ (guessing that means video on the motherboard), can you still add an aftermarket video card?”

yes you can.

Graphics Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE

isnt that the video card?

yes you can label dvd surfaces, you just put the disc in upside down in the drive.

Google “lightscribe” pretty cool stuff.

EDIT: and yes it does come with a video card.

But I bet shipping is at least $35.00 to $40.00?

WHY VISTA???
I would but it with XP Pro!!!

But not VISTA!!!

When I think back to what I paid for computers over the years, and what you can get for 445 bucks here, plus the inflation factor, it is amazing. My guess is that most people would be very happy with this, considering that most people in the world are using less right now. Like me.

Yep, the HP site charges $32.99 and up for shipping on top of the tax for your state (mine came to almost $40).

Kind Of?

Question I have is… will this be a good system for my kids to play online games like Warcraft?

For the price of this system, you can afford to go buy XP, format that big old hard drive, and install it…or put in Linux for free…To answer your question, Microsoft will not support XP forever, unfortunately. I am using XP Pro on seven machines here, and wish they would keep it in their lineup.