HP Pavilion Quad-Core Desktop

At least it isn’t an integrated Intel graphics solution. :wink: The new procs graphical power is actually respectable. Not amazing, like a good discreet car will get you, but good.

Onboard Radeon is good for 2D and web browsing. No gaming need to report here…

Good deal for someone looking for a baseline system.

Man, I need a real bed. My Futon has been kicking my butt for years. I Was one giant gold button away from getting it too, (I was lightning fast too I probably could have got it…) BUT I decided to double check the value before impulse buying. Big Mistake :c

Oh well. Now I know for next time I guess.

Congrats to tc04 on their new mattress!

Please sell 1 more next time woot!

w00t! I was looking to upgrade my current pc, and it was gonna end up costing me 300 bucks for the parts, but I figure why not just buy this system and interchange a few parts to have 2 pcs ;D in for one!

damnit ate a whole bag of cheez doodles and this item isn’t over with… ughhh

Last time I tried to by something made by HP they took my $99 then the next day sent me an email saying I wasn’t going to get it and they refunded my money. Not going to be fooled again

I DONT KNOW IF IT VGA!!!

Beware ALL HP refurbs. Their quality control is horrible by all accounts and I ignored that advice at my own peril last fall. The computer went back twice - once for a failing main HDD within the first day, and another time for a defective motherboard. The third one I have has a defective chipset for the I/O controller and I finally said ‘screw it’ and bought a replacement, actually new (versus new-to-me) motherboard.

Think about what time and frustration is worth in dollars before you consider whether this is a deal or not. I wish I had.

STOP SAYING THAT!

These really are a great deal! I got the:
HP Pavilion Quad Core Desktop with 6GB RAM and 1TB Hard Drive
You ordered 1 HP P6674Y Pavilion Quad Core Phenom II 2.8Ghz, 6GB DDR3, 1TB SATA3, 802.11n, Windows 7 Home Prem.

and really, really love it. Refurb too…

There was 75 of them, I wasn’t saying anything about time. Wootalyzer’s time estimate goes off of the percentage sold in the duration the woot has lasted. (Also, about 2 minutes left).

My father got one of the refurbs and is having nothing but trouble with it. He’s had to fight to get HP to cover it even under the 90 day warranty and Woot won’t respond to his emails trying to RMA this thing. He gets a BSOD hourly, video anomolies, and random shutdowns. I would avoid this headache. On the upside, it’s fast as all heck

Did I miss the boc?

No, you can tell when the box has been on the site because the entire woot website will be going down for hours even after it is sold out.

That’s a shame, eyedoc.

For this deal, most if not all will actually be brand new, just in generic packaging that says “HP Refurbished”. They may have very minor cosmetic flaws but they are factory new and never sold before (or most of them are new).

If you’ve had 3 warranty repairs on yours in a short time, you could demand an all-new replacement machine from HP. I did that a few years back on a Dell machine purchased new, and after two on-site warranty motherboard swaps that didn’t fix it, I demanded an all-new machine from Dell and I got it.

i need one

I got a similar emachines off here, bought a Thermaltake PSU for $30 after rebate, and a nvidia 9500 card for $35 after rebate, it may not be the latest but it does everything I ask it to including video and games at 1920x1080 on two monitors…if you’re looking for the latest and greatest you won’t be starting from this, but a reasonable spec machine is easily achievable from this starting point at a reasonable cost.

Thanks for your reply, Ojohn. There were the 2 issues that went through the tech support/returns process, and the third is the I/O issue. It’s both detected by the HP system check software as well as symptomatic in use (my External HDD was losing connection randomly when connected via eSATA). By the time I figured out what was faulty, I had installed enough onto and committed too much to this box to send it back again and have it potentially wiped. That’s when I decided that dropping $80-100 on a new mobo was preferable to another return.

But I will definitely keep that “lemon law” in mind if I am having repeated issues.

Thanks again