HP Slim S01-pF103 Desktop

Thanks, I will bring it up when customer service responds to what I sent earlier.

3 Likes

Welp. I guess mine will be going back automatically. Itā€™s slated to arrive on Monday.

FWIW, hereā€™s the CPU performance difference between the two:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/3668vs3737/Intel-Celeron-J4025-vs-Intel-i5-10400

@lioncow or @notmatty ā€“ maybe lock the sale until the specs can be fixed? Iā€™m only a VMod, yā€™know.

6 Likes

Yup. Needless to say, I am irked. Hopefully they can cancel any more sales that come through until the listing gets pulled.

5 Likes

Still waiting to hear back from customer service. Listing is still up too, so guessing staff is slamming motherā€™s day brunch mimosaā€™s. Hangover and regret Monday incoming. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I ordered 2 of these and received the incorrect model as well. The six core i5 was swapped for a dual-core celeron and the 8 gigs of ram was cut down to 4. Itā€™s surprising that a large company like Amazon is pulling what appears to be a bait and switch. If reading the previous customer post is correct, it seems that this is a semi-regular occurrence when ordering computers. I contacted customer service to see about exchanging them for the correct model but I am wondering if the listed model was ever available or if it was always a scam.

4 Likes

Does anyone actually like the Celeron line? I personally do not. Maybe thatā€™s why they are swapped in, they canā€™t get rid of themā€¦

5 Likes

Yup, second time this happened to me. At least with the laptop I bought last month it was still an I series, but not the i7 they indicated. It was also not the correct memory nor SSD.

This time Celeron is really far off from the description. Not even remotely similar. :confused:

1 Like

Just got the response from customer service with a forwarded UPS return label. I replied requesting they reissue the coupon as well. Lets see if that worksā€¦

2 Likes

Listing is still active , I believe five have been reported delivered here and have been the wrong itemā€¦ So Farā€¦
simon cowell facepalm GIF

2 Likes

I am awaiting the CS response but if its just a generic, return the item, I am going to just file a complaint for false advertising with the FTC. Its one of the things they investigate. Will it do anything? Who knows but it seems like a common enough practice with woot that it cant just be oversight and it also seems that all the mistakes are massive down grades. They arent accidentally sending people i5s instead of celerons.

2 Likes

Judging from the sales stats more than five have been sold, so either there are some that went out ok or people didnā€™t notice.

3 Likes

Well, I am east coast and got it yesterday. If I recall correctly they are shipping from NJ. Many likely havenā€™t arrived yet. I know one was mentioned on here as due to deliver tomorrow.

3 Likes

ā€¦ but it identifies as an i5-10400

5 Likes

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

3 Likes

Give me a few days and I could coach it up to identifying as an i9! :wink:

4 Likes

Hey, Woot Staff,

To save all your customers (and yourselves!) time and money, could someone check w/ fulfillment and make sure the specs on the PC match what is advertised before you ship any more? If these are all Celerons and not the i5 that was listed, I donā€™t want to deal with the hassle of returning this.

5 Likes

Well, at least someone finally pulled it from sale. No answer from customer service on reissue of the happy hour coupon. :confused:

4 Likes

Still pretty ridiculous that this appears to be such a common occurrence on Woot now. If you google it, there are a ton of people complaining that they bought a pc or laptop off Woot and got a completely different model and itā€™s always a massive downgrade.

Still no word from CS.

5 Likes

Welp, they cancelled my order before shipment, so I wonā€™t have to deal with the hassle of return. Thatā€™s a winā€¦I guess. :frowning:

Cā€™mon Woot, you used to be coolā€¦

4 Likes
5 Likes