Huntspoint Grade 8+ Ribeye- 4 Pack

Huntspoint Grade 8+ Ribeye- 4 Pack

$48 each for overstock surplus steaks?

LOLz

5 Likes

$47.50/lb? This should be an entertaining discussion throughout the day. Looking forward to it. :grinning:

5 Likes

Looks like they saw everyone’s comments on their earlier sale claiming their meat was “Grade W” Wagyu which doesn’t exist. Changed it to 8+ and then jacked up their price. Ain’t no way in hell im going to pay this price for meat I don’t get to hand select.

2 Likes

Has got to be a mistake. I think it should be $89

1 Like

Bought the grade 4+ back in May, was a good steak with nice marbling. Was also my first foray into “wagu” steaks. Not 40+ bucks a pound impressed. Prices need to come down not go up.

1 Like

The last photo shows that it even comes with ketchup! Autobuy!

2 Likes

They may be the best steaks ever but @ $47.50lb,I’ll neve know.

2 Likes

These may be the greatest but me thinks I will stick with Costco’s Prime Ribeye’s at a fraction of this price.

3 Likes

Hope you all realize there is no 8+ grade for American Wagu.

They made that up.

2 Likes

The funny thing is, though, that there is a score for marbling and the best score is Prime+. Since they aren’t using the USDA rating, but rather their own made up score, tells me all I need to know about this meat.

1 Like

They’re scoring it on the Japanese quality rating, which goes up to 12, with 8-12 being considered “excellent”. I can’t speak to whether this really is that good or not, but it is a legit rating system.

1 Like

Well done with a bottle of ketchup, please.

My brother bought me Costco ‘prime’ one time and it was mechanically tenderized and had a USDA warning ‘should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F’…that will make a tasty ribeye.

Talk about made up ratings–Costco is so big they can pay for any word they like to be put on the label.

Regardless, yah, this stuff is pricey. :slight_smile:

Nothing attracts more attention, opinion, ire, and scrutiny, than Huntspoint.

I always drop in for some merriment, whenever I see them. :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

I could go to uganda. Pay less per pound for baby

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve had Hunstpoint several times. Their products have been good, but their package leaves something to be desired.

They ship fully frozen, but they pack with off the self ice packs. In the last order of steaks, all the packs had melted, and the steaks were just barely cool to the touch, and that was back in May. There’s no way I’d order from them during the summer if they’re packing the same way.

I’ve ordered from other places, and almost all the good ones use ice packs and dry ice in a cooler.

2 Likes

Depends on the grade of baby

2 Likes

Are these refurbished? Grade 8?

Lol

1 Like