Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart

Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart

If I didn’t already have THREE Instant Pots I would definitely buy one! For those who do buy this, be sure to join the Instant Pot Community on Facebook. You will be amazed at the ideas you can get there!

I bought one from woot a couple months ago. It’s still in the box. How does one go from not cooking to instant potting?

edit* well, barely cooking…i am a member of said facebook page though

edit edit* dang it, i paid $5 more than today’s offering too. :frowning:

First, you need to join that Facebook Community I mentioned. I’ve had an Instant Pot for just over a year but really didn’t start using it until a friend directed me to that group. Don’t be overwhelmed by the instructions. Open the pot, toss in a bunch of stuff along with a cup or so of liquid, close and seal the lid, turn it on. walk away. That’s oversimplifying, but it’s really not much more complicated than this. I was carefully reading and adapting recipes, and was happy with the results, but spending far too much time figuring it all out. One day DH did a quick-and-dirty “toss it in the pot” meal and BOOM! Life got easier. Oh, and if yours has the yogurt setting, you HAVE to try the cold start yogurt recipe. You can control how much “tang” you want in your yogurt. and it’s great!

BTW, I haven’t tried it all yet, but folks make cheesecakes, lasagna, bread, rice, and more in their IPs. One thing I have done is cook things straight from the freezer. On those days when you forget to take out those chicken breasts to thaw, no problem. Just follow the regular directions and add a 2-3 minutes to the time.

If you’re feeling overwhelmed, start with boiled eggs. There are some great charts available about how long to cook them to get exactly the eggs you want, and when you peel them the shells pop off cleanly.

Have I mentioned that I love my three IPs? LOL!

1 Like