iPhone 6s A1633 (S&D)(GSM Unlocked)

iPhone 6s A1633 (S&D)(GSM Unlocked)

Will this phone work with Verizon

Per the vendor:

All the models on todays deal are GSM Unlocked. The 6sPLUS models are the only ones that are Verizon models which would make them CDMA+GSM unlocked.

Any assurances on battery condition with these? Have batteries been replaced?

Hello! The batteries have been checked and replaced if needed.

OK, who determines “as needed”? i.e. what’s the standard?

Hi there. Per the vendor, the ensure all phones have at least 80% capacity.

Just got mine, this is not an A1633, it is an A1688. And the sticker on the back from the supplier says “Carrier VERIZON” on it too. Not OK…

It should still be GSM unlocked.

However, if you’re unhappy with the phone, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

The good news the 2 that I ordered arrived just in time today, the bad news is that they were B stock units, both needed new batteries and screens.
I pretty much planned on having the batteries replaced.

One had 82% battery life left, and while charging the battery went from 1% to 40% in 5 minutes… so the battery was crap.
It also had 2 corners of the screen cracked from dropping it… the best part of this one was the back, which was pretty decent, but the sides had large gauges like it had been in a vice.

The other phone, after updating one to an iOS version that had battery life visible in the settings (so, how did they ascertain that it was 80% or better?), had a battery life of 79% … seemed to charge at a normal rate, but the screen had bright backlighting spots behind the screen, making it look blotchy.

These are meant to be a primary phone, and a backup phone, to replace a previous “refurbished” phone I purchased here on Woot! that has a defective battery (:thinking:) and whose screen recently begun to go blank.

My options were to try to get a refund here at Woot!, pay Apple $229 each to replace the screens and batteries (leaving a useable old phone), or taking the $50 Apple offered me towards the iPhone 7 (the cheapest one they currently sell).

Since I have to send both of these phones outside of the country tomorrow, I really didn’t have time to argue and try to return these to Woot!, so I ended up taking the $50 Apple offered me for each phone, and applied it to 2x brand new in the box iPhone 7.

I am pretty sure I could have gotten Woot! to accept the phone returns, but don’t have time to mess with it.

I am not going to buy any more “refurbished” iPhones or iPads, as they all need new batteries, and it ends up costing me way too much time, money, and aggravation.

TL;DR:
the 2 phones were B Stock junk, and due to time constraints, I am out $161.28, the difference between what the 2 iPhone 6s cost me, and the $50 each that Apple gave me for a trade in. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: