Is A-1 the best steak sauce?

Is A-1 the best steak sauce?

11 Likes

season 4 the lost mattress GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

14 Likes

If A-1 is the best, how bad is V-8?

16 Likes

If you have to use A-1 steak sauce it’s probably because you’re eating a burnt steak. :grimacing:

The Santa Clause Cooking GIF by filmeditor

36 Likes

season 5 episode 3 GIF

16 Likes

Is A-1 the best? You mean there are others? :cowboy_hat_face:

14 Likes

If you cook the steak right, you don’t need no stinkin sauce! Like our local award winning BBQ says, “If you’re saucin’, you’re hidin’!”

33 Likes

commercial sauce GIF

14 Likes

HP sauce is far superior.

14 Likes

Steak doesn’t need to be covered with anything!

32 Likes

If you cooked your steak right, you shouldn’t need any sauce.

But if you must, a small amount at the side of your plate to lightly dip a piece of meat in is acceptable.

steak GIF

27 Likes

Despicable Me What GIF by Trending

14 Likes

A-1… B-1… patrol boat sank

Season 10 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

I definitely follow the opinion a steak shouldn’t be sauced. Little prep with bringing meat to room temp and salting. I use high heat hitting each side 2x. The 2x max is not just for awesome grill marks. It is practical for a moist steak. Pull the steak earlier than you think and put on glass plate with foil because it keeps cooking and then needs to rest.

Darn it, Woot, I am hungry now.

Grilling Labor Day GIF by Grillax®

21 Likes

Hewlett-Packard? Circuit boards with your beef?

burning the it crowd GIF

9 Likes

Yes, but I, as a chef, feel that if steak sauce is needed on your steak, then the steak is either low quality or improperly cooked. I season filet mignon with Weber Cajun seasoning. And when done you can eat it with a plastic fork, no knife

24 Likes

As a kid I used to use Heinz 57 steak sauce. My grandfather said to me is it the steak you like or the sauce? I got what he meant. After that. I only used sauce if the meat was too dry and no gravy.

20 Likes

Premium well-bred and fed beef requires no sauce if it is cooked correctly. My family owned a Black Angus cattle ranch. I will eat no other variety of beef.
gif

18 Likes

While I will never use a steak sauce such as A-1 or Heinz (if the steak is bad and “needs” it, then I won’t eat it), I do enjoy a good bearnaise sauce on my filet (especially filet oscar style). Or maybe served “au poivre”.
Awesome Stephen Colbert GIF

18 Likes

Woot! You did us dirty in that one!

17 Likes

Steak sauce, for people who really, really hate the way steak tastes.
Mixed with mayo it’s ok for fries tho.

15 Likes