Is A-1 the best steak sauce?

No steak sauce, just salt and pepper!!

Salt Bae Steak GIF

13 Likes

There are no steak sauces that tastes like steak. If you need sauce the steak is crap.

12 Likes

I was 18 the first time trying to make Steak Au Poivre. I didn’t realize you had to crush the peppercorns. :joy: I got that flambe down though! Never have made that again! Lol

season 1 ilana wexler GIF by Broad City

Fire Flambe GIF by MasterChefAU

10 Likes
7 Likes

Sometimes sauce is a cover for poor food. And sometimes food is merely a vehicle for delectable sauce.

I suppose if you’re going to cook your steak to the consistency of a hockey puck, A-1 shows more respect for the animal butchered for your regrettable meal than, say, ketchup.

12 Likes

I never understood steak sauce.

10 Likes

My Dad just rolled over in his grave. If a steak is prepared correctly, it doesn’t need sauce.

11 Likes

Chimichurri is the best steak sauce.

9 Likes

Sauce what’s sauce meat is all you need
Meat Grilling GIF by NETFLIX

8 Likes

If you need ANY sauce on a steak you’re doing it wrong! Butter is it! :cut_of_meat:

10 Likes

I feel like cooking recommendations spilt between slow & low and quick & high. Quick & high has been very successful for me, but I have had grills that get very hot and quickly, like restaurants. So maybe it depends on the equipment you have at your disposal.

7 Likes

I’ve told people if you see me using A-1 it means I don’t like the way it was cooked. I will add though that I will occasionally cook the steak with A-1 simply to have a different flavor.

5 Likes

My grill has a searing section that cooks it really quick, took me a time or two to get use to it. Then I moved into an apartment so my grill has been sitting at my brothers. Back in a house and need that bad boy here!

6 Likes

Such opinionated folks.

The “any sauce equals bad steak” folks probably eat their peanut butter cups without the chocolate.

4 Likes

I like to add some heat with this stuff.

4 Likes

sauce GIF

5 Likes

Yep

4 Likes

A well seasoned steak, not overcooked, needs no extra flavor. Otherwise you like the flavor of the sauce, not the steak.

8 Likes

No, I hate it. Heinz57 is better, but only if the meat tastes bad to begin with.

5 Likes

If the steak needs sauce its not worth putting in my mouth, some onions or mushrooms on top, but steak sauce is going to be a…tell em randy
American Idol No GIF by Cameo

10 Likes