Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Is that a reference to the harmontown podcast episode 81, ‘Hot Dog with Lettuce’?

4 Likes

I can’t believe it’s even a debate. Of course a hotdog is a sandwich. I mean as long as it is on a bun or other type of bread. You can put anything on bread and call it a sandwich. As long as the bread is used to hold an ingredient or ingredients. A hamburger is a sandwich, so are you saying it’s the shape of the bun or are you just prejudice against hot dogs? I doubt I’ll ever be able to find the chart again, but POPTART!

7 Likes

It’s a taco.

7 Likes

Yes
Season 3 Thank You GIF by Good Trouble

5 Likes

Strange that “hotdog” refers to both just the uncooked sausage and the item in a bun. I want to see people given a hotdog no bun at Costco.

Confused Perfect Strangers GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

5 Likes

This is quite simple. I present, The Cube Rule of Food Indentification:

8 Likes

A hotdog is a hotdog not a sandwich. Ketchup does not belong anywhere near a hotdog unless fries are close by. Yellow mustard, relish, chopped onion and a tomato wedge. Nothing more, nothing less! What am I talking about? I have not had a hotdog in 40 years! But I remember the vendors with their steam carts selling them on street corners in Chicago for 20 cents! And the Tom Tom tomales were a dime. Wow! What happened to those times? Long gone with the tube TVs, 19 cents a gallon gas and a quarter loaf of bread. Now we have…

7 Likes

8 Likes

Speaking of hot diggity dog, check out Woot’s new branding! The slanted lettering is a very powerful image as it makes the exclamation mark the largest character.

I am surprised they didn’t hold a press conference or wait until Black Friday to drop this on us. Instead, here is a hot dog debate and surprise the new logo.

Woot’s last press conference:
Conor Mcgregor Mma GIF by UFC

7 Likes

Came to post this. Only logical solution. There will be no discussion.

6 Likes

.
Loop Fire GIF

9 Likes

Really? This question? Now? :open_mouth: Okay. I’d say yes only because of the definition but culturally, no. Hard no.

5 Likes

2 chunks of bread with something edible between them? Sandwich

5 Likes

Isn’t that a #WAD design :smiling_imp: :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

That’s what you think. My Yankee (New Jersey) girlfriend calls it a “hot dog sandwich” every time we cook 'em. And every time I tell her we ain’t got no “hot dog sandwiches” down here in the South. Now… if she wants a “hot dog,” I got her covered… :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Is cereal soup?

5 Likes

The Judge has long since ruled on this. We shouldn’t be litigating this again.

5 Likes

No No No GIF

But…

Hot Dog Comedy GIF by Justin

7 Likes

So is a Wienerschnitzel a hot dog?
Here in the USA, if you patronize a popular fast food restaurant it is. But in Germany, it’s a pounded veal cutlet breaded and fried. There appears to be no amalgamated meat byproducts and a elongated bun involved, and by Austrian law, it must be made of veal; when made with any other type of meat, it cannot technically be called Wiener schnitzel.

Ergo, a “Hot Dog” is, by definition, a sausage-like tube of solidified pureed random meat byproducts served in an elongated bun designed to accommodate the hot dog’s particular shape and size.

If you order any other sausage type, even though it is served in an elongated bun, out of respect for the sausage’s lineage, it cannot be called a “hot dog” and will be referred to by it’s proper name such as, a Polish, Kielbasa, etc.

If you want a “Hot Dog Sandwich,” get yourself a package of Bologna and two slices of bread, and add whatever condiments and toppings you want. Bologna is basically a very large hot dog cut into thin slices for just that application (or the occasional weird Jell-O salad mold party side dish).

I have spoken.

5 Likes

Call it whatever you want. Just give me three, well ok 4. Need to keep my figure up for Christmas

7 Likes