Kindle Paperwhite (2018, 10th Gen)

Kindle Paperwhite (2018, 10th Gen)

PRICE DROP

Price drop on the 32GB Kindles

Small Print: If you already purchased, that money will hop back into your pockets soonish.

Umm, isn’t the ATT 4G wireless service for these ending shortly? Not sure why anyone would pay extra for a soon to be dead feature.

Because it’s the American way!

yay america GIF by Swing Left

If you mean 3G, then yes. That is being discontinued.
However, these will still work on wifi.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

1 Like

This is my favorite generation of the Kindle Paperwhite. It is sleek, waterproof and has twice the storage of my older one. I get a lot of use out of both Paperwhites I own and this version is my travel companion on almost any trip. Frankly, I read on my Kindles practically every day.

I don’t know anything about the cellular connectivity with these devices as every one I’ve ever had has only been wi-fi and I’ve never had any issues with them. If I’ve needed connectivity when I was out and about I simply turn on the wi-fi hotspot on my cellphone and my Kindle automatically connects to do whatever it needs to do. You should notice that the price is the same for the wi-fi only versions as for the wi-fi plus cellular versions, so there is no cost penalty between the two - only for the additional memory. I also recently found out that when your Kindle gets to a certain age (5 years???) Amazon automatically removes the ads for free, which happened with my older Paperwhite from c. 2015.

If you are curious about e-readers then this is a great way to dip a toe into the pool with a great device without busting the bank. Even if you don’t want to be tied into the Kindle Unlimited subscription service, if you already have Amazon Prime they have free books through “Kindle Prime” for you to peruse at no additional cost.

2 Likes

Um, the price is the same regardless if it is wi-fi only or wi-fi plus cellular ($79 for either). There is only a price difference between the 8GB version ($59) and the 32GB version ($79).

1 Like

I never even knew cellular kindles were a thing. This is a fine deal, but if I get a paperwhite I’d probably have to splurge and get the new one with the USBC charger. Really trying to remove micro USB chargers out of my life as soon as possible.

PRICE DROP

Price drop on the 32GB Kindles

Small Print: If you already purchased, that money will hop back into your pockets soonish.

1 Like

The 3G service, which most Kindles used, is ending shortly (or already has) due to the carriers discontinuing 3G coverage. This model has 4G cellular capability. As far as I know, it should continue for some time.