Klipsch Reference 5.1 Channel Surround Sound System

Klipsch Reference 5.1 Channel Surround Sound System

Are the satellite speakers wireless?

1 Like

No. The subwoofer is the only wireless part of this set. It comes with a small transmitter that connects to the LFE output on your home theater receiver.

You will need a 5.1 receiver to go with this system, they are passive speakers. That said, I purchased these elsewhere, and let me assure you that these are 1: amazing speakers and 2: they’re a thousand dollars off on woot.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Reference-Theater-Surround-System/dp/B0779GRFWF

This looks the same unit … same number of reviews and same pictures … $340 marked down to $320. @ the Mother Ship.

OF COURSE I CAN’T BE SURE BECAUSE I DON’T SEE A MODEL NUMBER LISTED, THANKS WOOT!

Just another 100% BS list price from Woot! Haven’t seen something honestly presented on here in soooooo long.

2 Likes

Can the subwoofer be wired? My current system drops the subwoofer on occasion because of RFI and while I would like to replace it, wireless only is a dealbreaker.

https://www.newegg.com/klipsch-k1069074/p/0W3-000R-004D1

$269.00 @ newegg with Free Shipping. Woot still wins on price, but returns might be easier with newegg, if needed.

1 Like

What else would I need to buy if I were to buy this for a Christmas Present. He already has a smart TV but not any kind of surround sound yet.

1 Like

House is already wired for surround and I have a receiver. (1) Will these play nicely with a different (Yamaha) brand receiver? (2) I can’t see the ‘keyhole’ mount it refers to. How can I determine if these are compatible with my current ceiling mounts?

When I take the Amazon ASIN from the linked review URL on the Amazon page, your Amazon URL is indeed the same product.

https://electronics.woot.com/review/B0779GRFWF

To be honest, though, Klipsch is selling this for $1,264, unless this is different?

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

It is $219 now on Amazon.

These are passive speakers so need power supplied to them to work and do not just plug into a TV. You need a separate receiver with 5.1 surround sound to drive the speakers (Sony, Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon, Polk, Pioneer are common brands). If you want to connect speakers directly to a TV you should get a soundbar instead which can be plugged in by a HDMI cable.

If you want a soundbar, do not get a VIZIO V51-H6 that I think has shown up on Woot! before. They have a high tendency to die after a few months.

2 Likes

What soundbar would you recommend? Budget friendly to mid range?

As long as your receiver can handle 8ohm impedance (most modern stuff on the market does but google your exact model to be sure).

As for keyhole mount it’s pretty much what it says on the box for Klipsch - wide circle at the bottom with a narrow channel going up - think mounting something on a screwhead in the wall. Google “Klipsch keyhole mount” to see the exact type and what sort of mount to look for and some of the adapters.

Yes. The sub can be connected either wirelessly with the transmitter or can be wired with an RCA.

1 Like

Yes, and it’s a pretty standard keyhole on the middle rear of the satellite. The center has two.