Linksys AC1900 Gigabit Wireless Router

Linksys AC1900 Gigabit Wireless Router

Hello, anyone have this router and can comment on how much they like or hate?

Also, routers always seem to be a frigidity tech, should I worry it is Factory Reconditioned?

Thanks

Eric

I have been using a slightly older version of the Linksys router for years, and have had no problems with it. This one has better antennas, and probably better coverage than mine. I would trust that the refurb is OK. The mother ship has this renewed also for $42.99. Returns are super easy with Amazon.

These routers are terrible. This brand has really went down hill the last 5 yrs. it would say I had full signal but I could not get out to the web. Would have to disconnect and reconnect 10 or so times a night. Bought a new (other brand) router problem solved. Stay far away from these

I’ve had excellent performance with this router for a few years. I get reliable, high quality signal all throughout my entire house without need for an extender

I have a Netgear Nighthawk that’s been dropping both wired and wireless connections for the past month or more, I can’t figure it out and they want $200 plus to help me so screw them, I’m buying this one, my last Linksys was reliable. Fingers crossed.

My only question, do I buy this one or do I buy the AC1750 one, I figured this one since it’s about $10 more.

You will find that the AC 5GHZ protocol is not very useful unless you are transferring large files and are very close to the router. (Within about 15 feet) At least this has been my experience. So - most of the time - you will be using the 2GHZ bandwidth if you are at any distance from the router. My advice, read reviews on both of them and decide which one has better customer reviews. the additional bandwidth is not going to make much difference.

Hope this helps.

2 cents.of nothing…adawg300

Has anyone gotten a shipment notice of their order for this router as of yet?

I didn’t. I assumed they are refurbishing to order with how long it was taking.

I got my shipping notice this morning. Due to be delivered Friday :slight_smile:

Still waiting Woot. No shipping notice here… This better not get cancelled. I ordered well before it was sold out!

My order came in via FedEx Friday afternoon. It’s for my son and his family so I didn’t try it out. He plans on hooking it up today.

Hi there. I’m sorry for the delay. Not sure of the reason. Does look like it’s shipping out today or tomorrow though. (We pinged the vendor.)