LiveBest Step Ladders (Your Choice)

LiveBest Step Ladders (Your Choice)

What’s the height of the top step?

From the QA’s on the linked Amazon reviews:

2 STEP version
8.5" for the first step, the second step is 9" above that, so 17.5" to the second step on a 2 step.

3 STEP version
There’s nothing specific about the 3 step version, but going on the 2 step information, my guess is that the 3rd step is 9" above the 2nd step. So 26.5" to 3rd step?

I just received my stepladder. No box or padding, simply wrapped in a single layer of plastic that was mostly torn off. Ladder has chipped/scratched paint, and some minor dings/dents. One of the crossbars were bent but I was able to bend it back. Operation is clunky, Build seems cheap, but once opened it seems sturdy. Since this is for the garage, I can live with the defects but Woot! should be ashamed of itself for allowing this to be shipped this way.
Because of the awful packaging for shipping, I cannot recommend this ladder to anyone.

Hi there. I’m very sorry for the poor packaging. Please make sure you let Woot CS know. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I had ordered the 3 step and had it sent to my parents in another state. They sent the 2 step instead, and it also just came wrapped in plastic and damage with paint chipped off and most of the wrap torn off. I sent an email, hopefully I will hear back sooner than 24hrs.

I’ll just echo the others- no packaging, came beat up, and mine doesn’t lock shut when not in use (curious if it was just me or designed that way) . It’s also going in the garage for me so honestly not feeling like putting in the effort for return. I’m not 1000% sure this is safe to use.

Also, all warning languages and labels were in French I believe, no English anywhere.

Woot- I would suggest not selling these again or working with the distributor. Looks like they came straight from the vendor’s warehouse and not from Woot directly.

That’s not good, I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.