Magellan RoadMate 6630T-LM GPS Dashcam

Forget GPS, a better map would have helped Magellan.

[youtube=aN6ef0ED9aI][/youtube]

Not the best reviews

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/magellan-roadmate-6630t-lm-5-gps-with-built-in-camera-lifetime-map-updates-and-lifetime-traffic-updates/5371700.p?skuId=5371700

If you use Google Maps, you can set up Offline Maps on your Smartphone.

This unit is garbage, don’t waste your time or money!

Don’t waste your time and also money. Use Google Maps

why? Does this unit not give good guidance? I find my garmin works better than google maps and I don’t need to worry about using up my data allocation in a couple of trips.

Multiple bad reviews all over the Internet. Seems like the only thing good about it is the dump price . BB has it on sale at $219.00.
Maps that won’t upgrade, hot battery, same tone for collision avoidance and another feature. Requires 4 hour charging prior to use but charger does not come with it.

Multiple bad reviews all over the Internet. Seems like the only thing good about it is the dump price . BB has it on sale at $219.00.
Maps that won’t upgrade, hot battery, same tone for collision avoidance and another feature. Requires 4 hour charging prior to use but charger does not come with it.

Google Maps has a dashcam option?

I’ve had a Magellan gps for many years, and it has never updated the maps. I plug it into the computer monthly, and says my maps are up to date. 5 years with no updates - I think not. regardless, I think i’ll get this because of the dashcam feature. I run a front and rear camera now, and I use WAZE religiously, but I really like the idea of both in one. if it doesn’t do everything 100%, so what. most of my electronics don’t, anyway.

If you’re into emotional stress and being lied to by customer service, then GOOD NEWS! This unit is for you.
If you like riding around relying on years old maps with no way to update, despite the “Free Lifetime Maps” selling point, this unit is for you.
I bought a Magellan GPS/Dash Cam from Woot a few months ago. The maps were old and when I tried to update them, they just wouldn’t. Two weeks, multiple phone calls and a couple of hours on the phone later, I was told my model wasn’t compatible with their latest upgrade. Never mind that the first two customer service agents I talked to never even mentioned it.
I even asked if I could upgrade to a different unit and pay the difference. No, they said. They couldn’t even replace the unit with one that was compatible with their map updates.
Thanks to Woot for refunding my money on this expensive paperweight.

I’d save up and purchase the similar Garmin. The Magellan’s map has no tracks, it doesn’t tell you your current speed, and it shows what road you are on, not the name of the next intersection’s road. The map is incorrect on many of the routes I take, it only has paved or named roads (when they show up) and there’s no way to add a topo overlay for traveling through rural areas.

And this only the beginning of the shortcomings when compared to a Garmin.

What happened if I need the Costa Rica maps preloaded???

Let us not forget Magellan never completed his journey and was killed. Not what I am looking for in a GPS.

Non adjustable camera lens so you cannot adjust the camera direction. Worthless if you want to face the GPS towards you or point it other than directly back.

If it’s anything like the Magellan RoadMate 6230-LM that was offered back in July, it’s total garbage. The camera was decent, but the GPS sucks. Unit constantly froze up. That unit constantly gave different routes for my daily commute, and I live in the country where traffic isn’t an issue. I’d stay away from this one.

Is this GPS for cars or tractor trailer

Think that was refurbished and this one is New.

The reviews are either hit or miss. I guess some are from people who are picky about little things like it isn’t the latest retina display or it doesn’t have OnStar built in or some other spoiled brat cry baby reason. Some just love it, others hate it. Even the best equipment have some terrible experiences. It’s always a crap shoot.