Marmot Crane Creek 2P UltraLight Tent

Marmot Crane Creek 2P UltraLight Tent

May I propose a competing :tent: from the Mother Site?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PVQ2YKM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?tag=woot&pldnSite=1&th=1&psc=1

Sorry Woot, I still like you, as you well know, but I remember when…

P.S. Please note the two different sizes there. The competitor to this Marmot is Weanas Extra Size Green. I am a happy owner.

I don’t know why Marmot would call this UltraLight when it weighs 4 pounds for a 2 person tent.
Seems like a decent value but Marmot makes several really light 2 person tents also that weigh around 2 pounds or so, like the Tungsten and the Bolt

1 Like

What are the packed dimensions of this tent? how tall are the pole segments? I can’t well use this for backpacking if it doesn’t fit…

Hi there. I found this in the Amazon Q&A.

Question:

Anyone know the dimensions? Packed and setup? Also if the bottom is waterproof?

Answer:

According to the tag…
52in wide * 88in long rectangular floor 30sqft
43in h at peak
27.5inch 10sqft “front” vestibule
17 inch 5.2sqft “rear” vestibule

packed size 18inches long X 6inches diameter.

A 4 pound+ 2 person tent is nowhere near an Ultralight - 2 lbs that would be an Ultralight.

Makes no sense.

Given that, it’s comparable to a decent two person BP tent, so it’s not a bad price - normally should be in the $200 range for a good quality BP tent.

My thought exactly, but to the average Woot buyer …

Here is my unwanted 2 cents.

My experience a green tent attracts flying insects. We did an experiment last summer on two new tents, one in a similar green, the other a light blue erected next to each other. The green one had many many bugs, the blue one just a couple. Wonder what a brown tent attracts. Results coming.

1 Like

rumor in the woods is, it doesn’t include enough tent pegs. Only comes with 6 pegs, needs 2 more for the guide ropes minimum. I’d get a at least 4 more if you are going to be in windy conditions or want to REALLY secure it.

This tent looks nearly identical to the REI Half Dome 2 Plus tent, only the REI is slight bigger (hence the Plus) and slightly heavier. For the price break, I would have rather gotten this one, and I just bought my REI tent on sale and it was still $60-70 more.

FWIW, the description mentions two overhead vestibules. I believe they’re referring to gear lofts.

Vestibules would be at the tent’s entrance(s). Which brings the question, how many vestibules are there on the rain fly? The photo shows a vestibule, and the tent clearly has two entrances as show in the other photos, but that doesn’t guarantee that there are also two vestibules.

Only one vestibule would be a deal-breaker for me.

I have been eyeing the
REI Co-op Quarter Dome SL 2 Tent
Kicking myself for not taking the Black Friday sale of $225. This tent is light but looking at the pound to $$$ ratio the Marmont is appealing.

Description says new. Mine arrived obviously used. Printed pictures of hole in mesh. Holes were not repaired. Pet hair, tree debris and dirt on outside and inside of tent. Only came with 4 used pegs. Very disappointed in woot.

I’m very sorry. That should definitely have been new. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.