Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019

Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019

2 Likes

is this for lifetime or yearly?

Should be lifetime, as mentioned in the 2021 version listing (few dollars more).

Be warned, though — once you get your validation code, register it with Microsoft immediately. From other forum discussions, this is a problem with some Woot purchases, sometimes the code doesn’t work. In my case, I waited 4 weeks to get a MacBook Air to install on and the code failed … Microsoft recorded it already used EIGHT DAYS before my purchase date. Awaiting a replacement or refund.

Addendum: Woot cheerfully provided me a valid license code, and I installed Word and Excel on my MBA. They both work stupendously well. Thanks Woot!

Darn, price has dropped $5.

After receiving a valid code, I installed this version and found persistent “upgrade required” banners on both Word and Excel, despite installing 16.78.3, the last version from late 2023. Disabling the “automatic updates” features in the update settings, as well as disabling the Updates item in Settings, General, Login Items … all had no effect.

Thunderthighs found the answer in an online discussion about Office 2016. Move or delete the .APP under /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/MAU2.0/. Removing this app made the yellow warning banners go away, and I can now use Word and Excel in peace.

You likely will need to be an admin on your Mac to perform this. If you’re skilled in a UNIX command line, you can use sudo to rm or mv the file. I moved it to ~/Downloads/ as a precaution, no issues encountered.

1 Like

I downloaded and the activation key worked, but now I cannot even type a single letter unless I pay for a 365 account? What was the point of purchasing?

I’m gonna say that you clicked something wrong somewhere. This isn’t Office 365. Make sure you follow the instructions linked in the features.

1 Like

The lastest version of this was 16.78.3, it downloaded fine to my Macbook Air and both Word and Excel operate normally.

Check the details with your Microsoft online account, ensure that the validation key you entered is for Office Home & Business 2019 for Mac. The first validation key I received was faulty, the second was bona fide and worked perfectly, so mistakes are possible. (Woot CS came through like champs, gave me a $10 off coupon that I was able to use on more Apple schtuff. \o/ )

1 Like

Hey do you know Where the instructions are?

1 Like

2 Likes

FYI, for those having issues finding the install/download link as Microsoft tries to upsell the “premium” office, and have relocated the Install Link elsewhere, Once you’ve redeemed the key per the instructions and you’re logged into your MS account, goto “Service & subscriptions” side nav (https://account.microsoft.com/services/#&openInstall=true ) and scroll down… your install link should be there.

Good Luck!

1 Like

I was finally able to get this installed on my Mac and everything works but Excel. I get the following error message: “Your Office 2019 license is not supported with this version of the application”. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas how to fix?

Might check this article:

Redirecting

or

Redirecting

May be due to an auto-update which you’ll probably want to turn off.

Thank you so much! Followed uninstall and reinstall and everything is working perfectly. I didn’t even have to log in again to microsoft.

I answer too quickly. How do I now activate my microsoft office 2019?

You activate it on Microsoft per the instructions. Didn’t you do that before downloading?