Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019

1 Like

Once activated on a PC, Can the product license be shifted to another PC if the old one is getting decommissioned or recycled or sold

I wouldn’t worry about transferring this license to a new computer, it won’t even work on the first computer you install it on.

I purchased this one a few months ago, after being activated the code was suddenly no longer valid on the same PC I originally activated it.

Woot service said I’m outside of the limited warranty window and now I’m stuck with a useless code.

Buyer beware.

14 Likes

That’s really not ok.

2 Likes

Most likely. I bought one like this from Woot before and registered the license with my msn account. I installed on an old laptop and then logged into a new laptop using the same msn account as the old laptop and installed there as well using the same license. The “trick” (not a trick) is using the same msn account on both systems since it appears the license is registered to the msn account, not the hardware.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Does it have to be a msn account only or any email work as long as the same?

FWIW, I bought Office Home & Business 2019 for my Macbook, just wanted Word and Excel for quick updates to docs in iCloud. When I got a valid key (first one was registered 8 days before I bought it), registered it with my same Microsoft account that I’d registered Office Home & B usiness 2021 for my Mac Mini. … It showed adownload option for both versions of Office.

While researching another issue, I found topics on Microsoft’s community site detailing how to remove the “license file” from a computer to download and install one of these “single pc” licenses on a new computer.

So technically you should be able to reinstall it on a new PC after “cleaning” the first one.

4 Likes

Not 100% sure but I think if just needs to be a Microsoft account. For example, Hotmail works.

1 Like

@davidbspalding davidbspalding would happen to remember where you gleamed such info. I’d like to review it😊

Does this include Outlook?

1 Like

1 Like

I Googled for the topic “how to transfer Office to a new computer,” and found results on Microsoft’s support site, as well as Q&A on their Support Community.

Bought two of these several months ago. Codes didn’t work and Woot won’t refund my money. Theft!!

I want to buy this but reading these comments of code not working, concerns me. Anyone had luck with it actually working?

The download link provided by Woot is for installation of the 32-bit version of MS Office. Has anyone been able to get the 64-bit version? I asked Woot technical support a couple of days ago but they have not replied yet.

My download prompted me saying the download was 32 bit and asked if I wanted to download the 64 bit. I said yes and proceeded with the install process and had no issues.

Could you post the link that you followed? The link that Woot provides (https://officecdn.microsoft.com/db/492350F6-3A01-4F97-B9C0-C7C6DDF67D60/media/en-US/ProPlus2019Retail.img) starts the download immediately without asking which version you want.

Alas, I think I deleted the email Woot sent me with the link. Sorry!

The email I got from Woot did not include a link to a download file, I simply followed the link from their MS Office product page that points to an .img file.

I purchased and used the link to download the software, however, once it downloads it tells you it is ready but when you go to use it, it starts downloading again and I am not able to use it.