Microsoft Windows 10 or 11 Pro (Your Choice)

Customer “service” replied with a too bad so sad message.

1 Like

You might be able to use the case in a new build, but is it even ATX? I’m thinking the turbo button to toggle the clock speed isn’t going to work anymore.

Hey all, just to follow up: Woot customer service got back to me this morning and, because they couldn’t provide a replacement key, they issued me a full refund and even gave me a discount code toward a future purchase. I’m actually quite happy with how this turned out. My advice: contact Microsoft customer service if you haven’t already to officially get them to diagnose the nature of the key and, in your Woot customer service request, include your case number so that they can reference it.

Best of luck to you all.

4 Likes

Same issue happened to us. Three keys, all ‘blocked’ Windows 8.1 keys. Have attempted to contact customer support and have been on hold for 2 hours. At one point I finally got through to a support representative, who said they needed to speak with their supervisor, was on hold for another 30 minutes, then the call was disconnected.

We are past the 30 and 90 day limits, but had not needed to try the keys until now.

Does anyone know of a way to reach customer support successfully?

Thank you, for any help anyone can provide!

Use the support form please:

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

I bought a W11 Pro key in May for a new build, and it worked fine. However, the other day, I had to do a reinstall, and my key came up as invalid. I called Microsoft, and they told me the key was a W8 key.

When Woot finally got back to me, they informed me that I was out of luck because it was past the 90-day warranty. I didn’t know keys, even the OEM ones had a time limit and could only be used once, but apparently, this one did because it is now recognized as a W8 key.

I just want a new key without an expiration date. However, since Woot told me to go pound sand and has given the same response to many others about these keys, I’ve reached out to the NH Attorney General’s office, the FTC, and the Better Business Bureau to weigh in on this apparent scam. Before the day is out, I’ll also share my experience on social media and with news outlets, shedding light on how Woot deceives its customers and engages in deceptive sales practices.

1 Like

i purchased this product earlier this year, i made several orders of several quantities to keep for stock. i used a couple successfully at first, but then i started having issues activating other keys after some time. today i had the chance with a new build and i decided to try a woot key again, and i had no luck. so i went ahead and tried every remaining woot key i had in stock, and they all failed. these keys had never been tried before. and to prove it i recorded doing it live. here is the video proof from today. and i’ve already sent this to customer service. in fact i have emailed customer service about these same keys several times. still no resolution.

Too bad I didn’t see this until now. We got three codes, and the first two I tried were for Windows 7 Pro (based on The Ultimate PID Checker).

Hi there. I don’t see an order for this on the account you’re posting from. If it’s on another account, try reaching out to customer service for assistance. Make sure you reach out from the account with the purchase.