Mitchell Acoustics TT2 Belt Drive Turntable

Mitchell Acoustics TT2 Belt Drive Turntable

Much better than those suitcase players Woot normally sells. If I was in the market, I would consider this one.

2 Likes

But… my record collection is mostly 78s. No 78 RPM speed?

1 Like

Oh, great! Now I can put “wow and flutter” back into my everyday vocabulary!

This may be a dumb question, but if you don’t have speakers for it, can you use it out of the box?

you will need speakers and an amp still. This does offer a built in preamp meaning you can use any amp really.

However, for the price this is a great starter table. I have a similar table by fluance RT-80

1 Like

Decent starter table, but no auto stop…so you have to be ready to yank that arm up. Hard pass!

Mitchell Acoustics not to be confused with Michell Acoustics (the makers of multi-kilo dollar turntables).

I think I’m going to snag that great deal on Duracall batteries.

4 Likes

Is this the same thing? If so, it has both auto-stop and Bluetooth.

Exactly my question. The woot listing links to full specs of the TT2 on the manufacturer website but a bunch of features from the website are not in the woot listing.

Can a woot mod review?

1 Like

From my understanding, the needle on this player would damage 78s. It would also sound terrible. It wouldn’t be that hard for the company to add the 78 speed, but I think it’s getting too niche for most people. I like some 78s but I don’t have the player.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t see the link to the manufacturer’s website. I’d say it’s a safe bet that it’s the same thing then. OK, I’ll bite, seems like a decent deal as long it’s actually new, not refurb. Notice the only warranty is 90 days woot, so no manufacturer warranty?

1 Like

Marked as new and looks like you can buy a manufactures warranty

78s didn’t even have a universal stylus size. Here’s more than you will ever want to know about the various stylus sizes and recording speed variations for vintage 78s.

Spoiler alert: Victor and Edison apparently used very different stylus sizes.

Cool photo of a four-armed turntable used for digitizing on Page 4. Graphs start on Page 7.

From the website:

TT2

$349.99

Power:

• AC Powered
  • AC: 110-220v

Phonograph Turntable:

• 33 1/3 and 45 rpm with Auto-Stop
  • Aluminium tone arm & platter
  • Audio Technica AT91 moving magnet cartridge
  • USB recording & PHONO pre-amp
  • Anti-interference coupling circuit

Wireless Connectivity**: (Bluetooth Transmitter):**

• Bluetooth A2DP wireless connection;
  • Bluetooth V5.1;
  • Bluetooth Supports HFP, A2DP, AVRCP profiles;
  • Bluetooth scope: 10meters or 33 feet;

And from the Woot Photos:

I looked at this as it looks nearly identical to one we got from Target a while back for a song, which we absolutely love.

This is a fantastic price. The Bluetooth hooked up straight to our sound bar when we had that with no dramas, or it works great with a receiver and speakers. As finalhour said though, this turntable requires active listeners without an autostop, although ours from Target does have autostop, so it might have it as the only visible difference is the on/off/speed switch and the plastic is tinted brown.

No Auto-Stop? Did you look at what you posted?

Did you read what I wrote or no? I said if it doesn’t have it like finalhour says, then it’ll require an active listener, but ours does have it so it might. The big question I was trying to answer with the website specs was bluetooth, so yeah I’ll admit to skimming it over vs full reading, but you need to learn how to read and play nice bud.

1 Like

So I got this the other day and it’s very nice for $150. Granted, it’s not automatic or anything like that. It’s pretty much all manual except for the auto-stop which just stops the record when it’s over. The only buttons on it are the on/off knob and a bluetooth pairing button. But I played a few records on it and it worked flawlessly.

1 Like