NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System
$249.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Time to put on my foil hat!! I was just comparing this scanner to the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 at Newegg and Woot brings this up!

3 other times this year…

Feb 24th for 269.99

June 22nd for 269.99

Sept 2nd for 249.99

and now again, $249.99.

It would be nice to get this in the MAC version. I’d gladly but at least 1

Looking at reviews, this one is not in the same tier as the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 but is also much, much cheaper.

Biggest complaint with this one is that there is no adjustable paper guide. You have to hold it as it’s sucked in, or every single document comes out crooked. It also doesn’t grab folded paper very well, like say, an electric bill.

Does look rather cool, though. Great for someone with a home office and about $130 cheaper than Amazon.

Mac Version is $379.99 on amazon as is the version seen here…

My personal assistant has something exactly like this.
A CAMERA PHONE.

Save your money. Black Friday’s coming.

Evernote on iPhone is all you really need.

Really…really…really? Will this also program in my tally of zombies killed and categorize them into date,time,location, and weapon used to exterminate those silly, dead, flesh eating, unintelligent, somewhat entertaining, ugly faced “walking dead?” Dam, I do believe that was a run-on sentence. Damn public schools…Maybe I will get one of these in my next Bin of Creatures…One can only hope, one can only hope

This is something you might want to consider if you just got that brand new Kindle and want to convert some of your old-fashioned non electronic books into the more cool and futuristic style of an e-book.

Here is a pretty great how-to tutorial on doing this featuring a very similar scanner.

I have the hand held version and I use it all the time. I haven’t really used the software that much but it looks pretty neat. I use it primarily for scanning documents, not receipts. I wooted the hand-held version about two years ago for about 90 bucks. $249 for the desktop version that pretty much does the exact same thing seems expensive. I also say save your money.

I’ve used this on quite a number of documents, including some of those annoying receipts you get at the gas station and try to smooth out after a week in your pocket, and have no problem with putting in a stack and having them come out just fine. I didn’t expect it to work as well as it has.
Best part is being able to shred tons of papers instead of having to file them.

agreed!!.. I’ve been wanting one of these for a long time, but gotta have Mac.

No Mac support?

Boo.

yea, I was thinking the same thing…how many times we gonna see the same scanner on here???

Too many negative product reviews on Amazon. I will avoid…but I really want to like such a product. Need such a product.

One that works well.

Don’t forget, there is also a specific MAC version!

http://www.neat.com/products/neatdesk-for-mac

Why is this not like 50$. It is less useful than a real scanner. blah. this i don’t understand.

Paying for the software